cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: FTTP Install Issues

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

Your response in message 6 would suggest that everything is A:OK on the Openreach side of things which is why I suspected a problem with your BT account. 

In message 1 you mention a neighbour, is their installation working OK?

Is there any chance that the fault may lay within your home network? for example a powerline converter which has lost connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

We don’t speak to the neighbour, they back on to our garden and we don’t see them. It was the OR engineer who told me one of my neighbours were having the same issue with BT. He was their first appointment and I could see him re-cabling from the pole to their house. He said he thought there could be an issues with it but after replacing theirs and it not making a different ruled it out. It’s the neighbour who had their install done on the same day as mine. 

It’s definitely not the router, they sent me 2 in error and I had my original one from the old house. None of them work on the new fibre, I struggle to believe that all 3 are faulty. I do have whole-home Wi-Fi, all the disks are working and the hybrid connect is in the loft room working over the network.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Are you on Halo 3 by any chance? if so you are entitled to one visit per year from a BT Home 'Expert' (I hate that word)

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

I am but they won’t send a Qube person to check the setup because they can see there’s a fault which they claim sits with OR.

They can’t run any remote diagnostics to check the service as it’s not showing as connected. 

It’s quite
 frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

You seem to be trapped in a vicious circle, perhaps it's time for intervention from a moderator ( @SeanD ). 

If the PON and LOS LEDs' are indicating the correct status (as confirmed by you in message 6) then OR have done their job and the fault must be with either BT or something (e.g. a powerline converter or some such) on your home network that has failed due to the repeated  power cycling of the router as you change them out. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems with your Full Fibre install.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks @RobbieMac - reply sent! 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

The exec complaints team have been working on this going between BT Wholesale and OR. So far they’ve managed to confirm that they can now see the ONT, previously they couldn’t, but there’s still no connectivity. 

Another one of my neighbours who’re served by the same telegraph pole had OR out yesterday for exactly the same issue but with Sky which brings the total to 4 all on different providers. 

Hopefully I should hear something back early next week! 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

In a weird turn of events an OR engineer turned up today without an appointment fiddled around with the ONT and said they again couldn't find an issue with the connection. Disappeared and came back on the phone with OR second line support on loud speaker. They were running the same tests that the previous guys had run so I mentioned to him that a few neighbours were having the same issue.

Second line indicated if that were the case there could be an issue with their service and he needed to do some digging. They eventually came back and said  a' card' was showing as faulty, there was no traffic on it. he also checked and could see more tickets open for the area (at least 7 customers). 

The OR guy went away and said he would call back later and let me know if there was an update, usually when they have to reset or bounce a card it has to be done overnight or it could affect other customers. Called back, while I was out and asked me to reset everything when I got home and I now have 1Gbps down and 110Mbps upload speeds which isn't too bad! 

Pleased that I can finally use the internet properly and OR have stopped kicking it back to BT Wholesale. Hopefully they'll be able to get the other customer tickets closed too!