cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

FTTP Loss of signal since Friday 3pm

My FTTP 900 service has been offline with ONT (loss of signal) since Friday 3pm.

I have an fault open with BT  and haven't received any updates since it was opened.

I wonder if anyone else is affected or if anyone can provide an update on the resolution?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP Loss of signal since Friday 3pm

Hi*

Which part of the country are you in? Have you got any neighbours who are also without service. Are you fed o/h or u/g?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi @ptan 

I am in the LE6 Leicester area, looking at the forum/twitter there are other cases of similar issues starting at the same time in different areas coincidence? maybe.

An openreach engineer checked my underground feeds and said the problem is further up stream. BT status page reports no problems in my area even though I have an open fault.. I am currently the only FTTP user on my street.

I guess the reason for my post here is to find out if the issue is local or not, or a Mod might lookup the case and provide an update.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Phone the FTTP team 0800 587 4787. They should be able to help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@gg30340 unfortunately it took over 40 minutes to get through to tell them the findings of the openreach engineer. I rang today and gave up after 20+ mins on hold..

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

They are the only ones who can help so unfortunately you will need to keep trying.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@gg30340 Moderators have responded on other posts :Internet and phone down I am also interested to see if the issue is more widespread.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

It's up to you if you want to wait and see if a moderator responds or take the faster route of calling the FTTP Team. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @SmOkeH and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry but the mod team can't help with FTTP problems. As the other guys have mentioned your best bet would be the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

Cheers

David

Message 10 of 10

Well after a 40 minute queue only to be put on hold for another 20 minutes I was disconnected. Waited over an hour for a call back from a different operator.

Was told that they had dropped the ball and an engineer would be booked this morning to get me back online. I doubted this as my no show engineer yesterday should have been able to do that? Engineer booked and call ended.

5 minutes later I get a text (I assume from the original operator) to say that the engineer booking will not happen as there is still a fault. I still have no idea what the fault is or any estimated resolution date.

No faults reported on the BT service page, probably best not to mention an outage before a price increase...

I have had 2 complaint closure emails, but have had no response at all let alone a satisfactory one. BT can just close complaints without informing the customer on the investigation?

0 Ratings