cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

FTTP & DV without smart hub 2?

Go to solution

Hello,
Switching to FTTP and Digital Voice this week.

My FTTP has been installed both inside and out. Activation day is this coming Monday 12/09/22.
BT have sent me a new Advanced Digital phone with Alexa.

But..... I only have an old Hub6/smart hub1 which lacks a red WAN port to connect to the fibre modem or DECT to connect the phone for Digital Voice.

The Openreach engineer finished up by saying "yeah, that ain't gonna work, call BT".

BT told me that for fear of affecting the activation order, they are unable to send me a new Smart Hub 2 until after that date, meaning we will be without internet or voice potentially for several days.

Is this normal? Shouldn't a smart hub 2 have been added to the order automatically when switching us to Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: FTTP & DV without smart hub 2?

Go to solution

The Smarthub 1 without a WAN port will not work. You should have been sent a Smarthub 2. Given your activation date it could still arrive before then.

You should call the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787 and ensure that they send you a Smarthub 2 and if they have not demand that they do it now.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Most likely the package has been court up in the postal strike, hence why you won't get it until after the install.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Spoken to BT twice. Both times they acknowledge the chicken and egg scenario of me having the package but no hub2.

both times they say that no hub 2 has been ordered, so definitely not a case of missing item.

both times they say they can’t order me one until AFTER activation or the order amendment would delay the activation date.

so advice is currently to have it activated. Have no way of using it. Then call to complain and get a hub 2 dispatched to me.

crazy huh.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

What a ridicules situation. Their mistake but they can not fix it! 

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help although it may not be any quicker that doing as suggested by the Customer Service rep. 

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @cider_man,

I am so sorry that we didn't send you out the Smart Hub 2. It's needed for Digital Voice so we should have done that.

I have sent you a private message with some details that I need. Can you reply back to me either today or over the weekend so we can order the Smarth Hub 2 and hopefully get it to you by Tuesday/Wednesday, all going well with the delivery?

Thanks
DanielS

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel, DM sent.
Lets hope a SmartHub2 can wing its was to me ASAP or I'll be left with a Digital Voice and FTTP account but with no way to use them lol.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you @cider_man,

I'll get it ordered for you over the weekend. It won't leave our warehouse until Monday at this time.

I will let you know when it has been ordered.

DanielS

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for your assistance Daniel, I'll keep an eye out for the order notification 

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

You are very welcome @cider_man,

I have ordered it for you. As your DV order isn't complete, I had to add a Smart Hub 2 that shows up with a charge. You will not receive any charges for it. I just wanted to make you aware so you don't worry.

It's due to arrive with you on the 13th which is Tuesday. I will be off on Tuesday but I will be here on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and can check in with you.

Thanks
DanielS