cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP disconnections

Hi,

I have just been speaking to one of my villagers that I was instrumental in getting FTTP to her premises.  She told me she is getting disconnected for about 10 mins every evening at 7pm.

How can this be happening please ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP disconnections

Any ideas why this is happening.  One of the most important features of my CFP campaign was "no more disconnects".  So I ask again how can disconnects keep occuring with FTTP please ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Probably needs more info, does the router reboot ?, is it just WiFi goes down but the connection stays up ?…TBH , there isn’t reason to think that there is a network issue , FTTP isn’t affected like VDSL/ADSL with ‘noise’ in the local environment ( REIN/SHINE) , and your neighbours FTTP is identical to all others on the same splitter , ( with the exception of the ONT ) so if only one person affected perhaps it’s something within the users home like a spike on the power , or ( if it’s just WiFi ) something affecting just that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If the LOS led on the ONT is lighting when the disconnections occur, it could be an iffy splice or dirty connector. Are you sure it is the broadband dropping and not just the WiFi?

0 Ratings