cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: FTTP - failed installation

It may need the profile stripping and rebuilding to activate the service.  It does happen occasionally  but it’s usually an easy fix once it’s verified.

as the post above said, retry the FTTP helpline number until you get the right team.

Message 12 of 15

Re: FTTP - failed installation- left with no connection

Sounds like a Profile Build Issue. 

Could’ve easily been resolved by an Openreach Engineer calling the DCoE Helpdesk, that’s not someone you can call by the way.

Unfortunately for you, you ended up with a Kelly’s Hero. Poorly Trained, overworked and not willing or able to spend 15/20 minutes sorting it out.

Far easier to blame the Router and make a run for it.

We had these problems when Openreach started using them for Managed Installs when FTTC came out. History repeating itself.

Here’s how I feel about Kelly’s, Quinn’s, etc. I’ve worked in Telecoms all my adult life, it’s all I know. If push came to shove through I would literally rather stack shelves at Aldi than work for either Kelly’s or Quinn’s.

Good luck with the ridiculous and long winded Fault Reporting Process.

All you needed was just one competent Openreach Engineer and this would’ve been avoided. 😞

Message 13 of 15

You are right about the installer - fresh out if training school, constantly on the phone to his manager and was here for well over 4 hours and Openreach had already run the cable from pole to outside our house! 
As for reporting the fault - well they certainly make it difficult, engineer appointment booking system doesn’t work - they give you a date but the system doesn’t actually confirm and allocate to an engineer so no one turns up. 
Doesn’t matter that they leave you with no working connection or landline! But apparently I am entitled to £9 per day compensation so that makes it alright! 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Are there are mods on her who can help?

we have had no service since Tuesday following a failed FTTP installation. We have had 2 failed engineer appointments- no one came as the appointment system did not allocate to an engineer on both occasions.

Then we get a message saying the fault has been corrected - it absolutely has not been. We can’t talk to anyone who actually knows what they are doing - we have no appointment for anyone to come out - and we have no working connection or landline.

What do we need to do to get someone to accept responsibility and deal with this!?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Hi @Alid1610, sorry your installation hasn't been completed. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to help.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings