cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 47

Re: FTTP installation in the morning - still orange in the evening

Go to solution

The mods will take ownership and sort it.

It will take them a few days to get back to you on any case.

Message 32 of 47

Go to solution

Right... So status update (in case anyone will ever be in the same situation).

The Qube engineer / BT Home Tech Expert (BT's text messages kept using different descriptions for him) came around this morning... Of course, despite the (almost annoyed) assurances by the FTTP helpline team, he was not able to do anything but to check the router... (they're not even allowed to do anything to the ONT).

Turns out that my SH2 serial number didn't match with the one they had in their system and that they also thought that I was connected to a 30mbit FTTC connection (although I ordered an FTTP 900 package)... Right... In any case, this was apparently no big deal and it happens a lot ( 😮 )... When I asked if that means that something went wrong with the commissioning, they just replied that someone in the warehouse probably just mixed something up... (god knows)

Funny anecdote: The guy on the phone with my Qube engineer asked for the "name of the router", to which my engineer then asked "the SSID, yeah"? Awkward silence... And then the guy on the hotline said "...the... the wifi name" 😂 Makes me really question the training of some of those hotline staff... Terms like "SSID" should really be basic knowledge, no? The agent two days ago told me that she "didn't wanna bore me with jargon" to which I replied "oh I'd like to understand what's happening" - and then she just made up a story about how an Openreach (clearly the guy today was from an agency (QUBE) and they got him in because it's cheaper for BT) would check all the distance from the exchange to my home to find the fault within 2 hours (it was clear she had no clue either or was poorly trained, at least she was friendly)... And I even said yesterday: "Really? 2 hours for all of this? The exchange is miles away!" - of course I only got an ignorant reply...

And I chose BT because I thought they'd sort out FTTP teething issues the quickest (after all they've got the most experience).

The Qube engineer was a lovely lad, though, and called BT up straight away to report that we will need Openreach to have a look at this... He said he's seen the solid orange fault a lot and especially in newly connected FTTP areas (like mine). Potentially, they used the wrong serial number somewhere or the ONT isn't matched up correctly. 

Conveniently, the guy on the helpline then put the Qube engineer on hold for 10 minutes until the phone disconnected... No call back or anything... Luckily I had the text message to book my appointment with OR already... But seriously? 

In either case, I'm now waiting for the Openreach people to find the fault and hopefully fix it on Friday afternoon...

Oh yeah - 

PS: When I go to https://support.bt.com/track/fault/?view=faulttracker it now says that today the fault was fixed and that "You have told us that your fault was fixed"... WTF? I hope this updates, soonish...

So far on every single step of the way I only received false or useless information from BT... Pretty poor so far... I hope once it's up and running I won't have to worry about all that anymore

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 47

Go to solution

Told you the Qube Engineer visit would be a waste of your time.

Not a good start to your Ultrafast Journey is it, so far you’ve had nothing but an;

Embarrassed Openreach Engineer whose been made to look stupid in front of you.

Had to deal with the incompetence and misinformation from BT.

A wasted visit from Qube for not only him but a total waste of your time.

And now you have to wait in for another Openreach Engineer who will be at the mercy of his DCoE Support Team and BT as the fault isn’t something physical he can change or fix, it’s a problem out of his/her control.

Good Luck………..

Message 34 of 47

Go to solution

Good summary indeed :))

I guess the general management at BT is to blame for putting such rigid processes in place... But they're wasting staff resources and annoy their customers with this... Probably it's cheaper overall though 😉

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 47

Go to solution

The serial number of the SH2 is totally irrelevant, as is the SSID of course.

Are you sure he didn't mean the serial number of the ONT?

Message 36 of 47

Go to solution

Who knows... It was the qube engineer talking to the helpline... So could be anything 😂

I'm waiting for the OR people to have a look tomorrow...

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 47

Go to solution

Sounds like the conversation was the blind leading the blind! ☹️☹️

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 47

Go to solution

I assume the agent on the phone was indeed talking about the SH2... Otherwise, he wouldn't have asked for the "WiFi name"... However, maybe the system was actually asking for the ONT? Could have been a mix up... But probably as they suspected a fault with the SH2 for whatever reason they were asking the "right" question in this case... I hope the OR person and his colleagues in diagnostics will have enough time and motivation to work on this on a Friday afternoon 🤞🤞

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 47

Go to solution

There is absolutely no need for the agent to ask or know the SSID, it is a user configurable parameter and could be anything. You have already proved the problem isn't with the router in any case. It is just indicative of the level of total incompetence of both of them.

Message 40 of 47

Go to solution

In fairness to the qube lad, he was sure before even checking that it wasn't the SH2 and appeared as annoyed as I was when I told him the background story... Good lad... Currently in a waiting list to become an OR engineer. So I can't complain about him at all... BTs helpline on the other hand... Let's hope they'll get this sorted before the strike