cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

FTTP installation question

Go to solution

Hi, I just placed an order for FTTP and the engineer is due to come install it next month.. My current copper cable is ran through my attic out the back of the house and into my bedroom, My question is would this be possible to do with the fibre cable?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: FTTP installation question

Go to solution

Is your existing phone line from a pole to your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Yes it is, I see the CBT i think it's called? on the near by pole.

Thank you for the quick reply :D!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

From other forum posts the fibre cable would follow existing phone cable probably to eves but then would go to ground !ever to fit CSP   The internal cable would then betaken into your home and ONT fitted. You would need to discuss where you want ONT fitted and the engineer may or may not install where you want

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Would it not be possible to run the cable back up and through the attic then fit the CSP ground level at the back of the house and run the cable up the wall back where the copper cable goes into my bedroom?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

You would need to discuss what you want with engineer when they come.  They may or may not be willing to install where you want

Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

Yeah, hopefully i get one in a good mood haha.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

The only issue I can see perhaps is the running on exterior grade cable into the house but there maybe some leeway if the loft is not a converted habitable room due to the risk from the PVC cable sheath as cables now need to be of "low smoke" type e.g. LSZH.

OR are very unlikely to enter an unboarded loft but maybe agreeable for you to loop the cable in and out of the loft. Very dependant on the engineer or if you supply a conduit for them to pass though perhaps.

Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Ah okay, Yeah the loft is not converted liveable area. When the copper cable was fed through to the back of the house i was the person in the loft feeding the cable to him back outside. And he had no issue with that. Was just unsure as i've no clue on the cable situtation.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Okaydan and thanks for posting.

I'd be interested to know how the installation goes so please keep us updated.

Cheers

David