cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: FTTP installation question

Go to solution
As stated , as far as the installation, you can discuss what you would prefer with the installer, and they try to accommodate what you want, but it may not be possible ( there are ‘safety’ rules that need to be followed that in earlier times would not have existed ) , if your property is served from a telegraph pole, chances are the new fibre ‘wire’ from the pole will attach to the house wall at the same place as the existing copper wire , be run down to ground level to fit the CSP , and then another fibre wire ran back up the wall to 1st floor and enter through a hole drilled into the bedroom, if that’s where you want the ONT fitted.
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

@DavidM Will do! The earliest i can get an engineer out is 17th November so a little wait haha.

Just fingers crossed like starman said they can run the external fibre cable through my loft out the back and fit a CSP on the ground level then run another cable back up to my room where the existing copper line is. 

Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

@Okaydanwrote:

Would it not be possible to run the cable back up and through the attic then fit the CSP ground level at the back of the house and run the cable up the wall back where the copper cable goes into my bedroom?

I think if you fitted a length of round 15mm electrical trunking with a drawstring across the attic the installer would be willing to use it and proceed as you have suggested. Its always useful to make things  as quick and easy for the installer as possible.

Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Yeah i'll look into the options, Hopefully i can just do as i did before and help the engineer and pull the fibre cable through the loft out the back of the house and into my bedroom. If it's not possible im more than fine with him doing it in the front of the house and placing the ONT up on top of the stairs and just run a longer cat6 or cat7 cable to my bedroom (around 10-15m cable needed?) i think the limit for a fibre optic cable  is 100m right? So hopefully i'm fine either way! I suffer with extreme anxiety and planning things and having the "what if's" in my head is crazy lol, "What if he comes and say's it's not possible to install" Stupid but that's how my brain works. Sorry for the super long explanation nobody asked for haha,

Thanks for answering guys/gals 😄

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@DavidM Hi David, Just had it installed. They did exactly what i was thinking about doing, Only thing is my upload speed is 20mbps? It was 50mbps but it did a reset on its own and dropped the upload down to 20mbps. I was wondering if you could help please?

Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Okaydan .

The upload should sort itself out over the next few days. If you don't see any improvement by Monday drop me a reply to my message in your inbox now.

Cheers

David

Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks @DavidM legend!

Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

@DavidM  Just checked the speed and it's back to 110 upload, Thanks for helping with everything.

The speed difference between FTTC and FTTP is just mind blowing lol, And the fact that my engineer told me i was the only person with fibre in my town blows my mind lol (live in the middle of nowhere lol)

Here's a before and after 

Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Okaydan That's great thanks for updating the thread, those speed test results are fantastic.

Neil

Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you and all the other Moderators for the incredible help!

I do have a quick question if you could answer? I ordered the fibre and it said it came with xbox game pass ultimate 12 month for free and i haven't received an email on how to claim it, I was wondering if you knew how i could get it please?

Thanks!

0 Ratings