cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: FTTP installation questions

I had two copper lines coming into my two separate numbers from a nearby pole. A few weeks after my FTTP installation I asked for these to be removed and they were. Took about 30 minutes for one Openreach guy and a ladder. We only have one number now as expected.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Search Ezibend optical cable to get an idea ( image) of the type of cable used , 6mm seems to be the consensus for the size of the hole required to pass this cable through.
Obviously the hole needs to be slightly larger than the cable , but the external side should be sealed with silicon to stop any water ingress, OR also use a cable that has a rugged outer jacket that remains on the external part of the cable run , and is stripped off to expose the internal white jacket to give a better appearance internally .

This link provided by an Openreach tech on a similar post 

https://dexgreen.com/blogs/dexgreen-news/inside-outside-cable

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Many thanks, greatly appeciated.

On a slightly different issue, if I want to later reposition the internal box am I allowed to do so? (I would suggest technically no) and if I were to want to, are the box mountings accessible if I want to reposition it?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

The Lead In Kit Requires a 10mm Hole for the Tube but the Covers on the inside and out need the hole widening to 12mm.

The Internal Box is the property of Openreach and you’re not supposed to move it.

But there’s nothing stopping you from buying a cable with SC/APC Connectors at either end, along with a Coupler though and an essentially extending the Fibre Cable Openreach install.

Of course like Extension Sockets on Land Lines Openreach will not be responsible for it and if they find it’s causing a fault they’d remove it and charge your CP, who would most likely then pass said charge on you.

IMG_6674.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

If you wanted to relocate the ONT , that’s physically possible , it’s only two screws , but obviously the overall distance from the CSP cannot be greater as it’s limited by the length of the cable , and if the distance is shorter you have the problem of storing the excess cable in such a way that it doesn’t introduce optical loss ( it cannot be tightly bound , the minimum bend radius needs to be observed ) .

As far as are you allowed, there is no way for anyone to know if you did , but if you messed up and required a visit to restore a break in service that was caused by your  interference then that visit may be chargeable , there is an official way to relocate an ONT that charged for .

0 Ratings