cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: FTTP is becoming unstable

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe That's not the experience I've had, when have you experienced that low?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution
The stay fast guarantee pn the 500 package is 250, as you are well above that complaining to them about speed will not get you very far
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

@JonMace Though the stay fast guarantee does not apply to LOS, so therefore a complaint is warranted right?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Definitely, say something about that, but if its working above the guarantee, when they fix the issue its unlikely that the speed will go up with the speed you currently have.

Unles it keeps dropping out I might be inclined to ignore tge light, in trying to fix it it is possible that your speed could be turned down. Bare in mind that the guarantee is 250 and you are getting 440 so they could dial your speed down to see if it's more stable

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

Also use the speed  test on the BT app as that test the speed to the router as well as to the computer and also checks for errors, and its what the call centre will use

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

@JonMace 

in trying to fix it it is possible that your speed could be turned down. Bare in mind that the guarantee is 250 and you are getting 440 so they could dial your speed down to see if it's more stable

This is FTTP, not FTTC, they don't have DLM for FTTP.

Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

I managed to do a factory reset on the router today and so far my original speeds have returned. 🤞

0 Ratings