cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

FTTP is on my street - but my existing line is underground

Go to solution

I'm posting on behalf of an elderly neighbour who is desperate to get connected to FTTP, which has been available on our rural lane for 5+ years (I have a 900Mbps service).

He lives on a farm 82 metres from the road and has an underground (ducted we believe) service for his existing twisted-pair cable (that limps along at 3-4Mbps on FTTC). Because of this BT/OR have him marked on their systems as being unavailable for FTTP.

How do we get OR to survey to investigate installing a new telegraph pole for an overhead service, which he's happy to pay for, so he can finally get FTTP?

I've tried contacting BT and explaining to them that an FTTP access point (CBT) is literally on the border of his land,  but it seems like the perfect example of "computer says no" and no one is willing to look any further in to it.

Many thanks for any help!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: FTTP on my street by existing line is underground

Go to solution

Not sure why you think he needs a pole if a duct already exists.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Re: FTTP on my street by existing line is underground

Go to solution

Is FTTP available via ducting? If so, then why are BT refusing to provide a service? (I've never been able to extract a reason from them, so assume the underground service is the only reason).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Re: FTTP is on my street - but my existing line is underground

Go to solution

It's OR who decide availability BT have no control over it. Sounds like an availability form needs to be sent off to OR though base don what you're saying

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link on how we can do this?

Google didn't yield anything obvious.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Get you neighbour to use this form if they think FTTP is available but isn’t showing on checker sites, 

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

You’d need to find out if your friends house NAD Key is associated with that CBT on the Boundary of their property.

If it is but they can’t order FTTP it could be a Database Error.

Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@WiffyD  Are you sure the line is ducted? It may well be a direct in ground cable. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks @Devon_Dave - I'll ask him if we can investigate that.
Are you thinking that OR have records saying it's a buried cable and that's preventing the FTTP order?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

as your friend lives on a farm is this a residential connection or possibly a business connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings