cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP outage

Hi,

Our FTTP broadband suddenly went down at the weekend - it’s affecting all the neighbourhood with FTTP but not those with standard broadband. 

The estimated fix times keep pushing (initially a 6 hour SLA, then 48 hour, then 4 days, now back to 48 hour) and BT say it’s outside of their control as it’s an OpenReach issue. 

I reported the issue on my account, but every time I go to get an update, it says that there is no issue reported. I try again and get the same message that there is an issue but with a fix date/time in the past.

They haven’t been able to update on what the issue is so I tried to find out myself - thanks to this forum I found the Zen Broadband Status checker which I understand is linked to the OpenReach system but there is no issue listed under our area or my phone number. 

Am I right to be concerned that this may indicate that it may not have even been flagged with OpenReach yet? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP outage

if you enter your phone number does that show any information   https://www.bt.com/help/check-service-status

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

If the fault is affecting multiple addresses, it’s unlikely that Openreach are unaware , even if you are not having much luck with BT verifying the problem and likely fix date , some affected won’t be using BT , and presumably they will have notified Openreach , something to check is if your area has something like a community Facebook page ( or something like ) someone may have posted information there .

TBH , if a common fault were affecting ( for example ) 100 customers spread across  various ISPs  , apart from possibly serving as a start date for any compensation, it’s pointless keeping 100 faults ‘active’ , as OR will fix the problem and that by default,  fixes the problem for 100 individual users .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes the fault shows on there. 

Ok, that makes sense. I’m guessing with the timelines shifting someone must be updating it somewhere, it is just incredibly frustrating to not really have a way of being updated on progress other than that. 

I live in an area with very poor 4G so the dongle that’s just landed on my doormat (3 days later - yes I know it was the weekend when it was ordered, but still) is pretty useless and it is REALLY hard to function without WiFi these days! 

Message 5 of 5

We do have a neighbourhood group we’re sharing updates in but no one has any other info either, although I think we are all on BT/Plusnet/EE so all part of BT
0 Ratings