cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP upload speed rate-limited to 20Mbps

Go to solution

Hi,

I was upgraded from FTTC to Full Fibre 900 a fortnight ago and my download speed is fine, at ~900Mbps. Unfortunately, my upload speed is capped at ~20Mbps. Upload speeds have been checked on a 3rd-party speed-test site with a wired connection to the SH2 and on the My BT app.

I tried a factory reset of the SH2 after a few days and it temporarily increased the upload speed to 50Mbps, but it had dropped back to 20Mbps by the next day.

The Hub has been left connected and it is currently reporting a network uptime of over 5 days. Upload test results are still 20Mbps. It is running the v0.41 firmware after it was upgraded on 31 Oct.

Looking at the forums, this appears be a problem that has affected a few other people's Smart Hub 2. Would one of the Mods be able to assist?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP upload speed rate-limited to 20Mbps

Go to solution

Hi @ow274

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your upload speed after moving over to Full Fibre.  We'll be able to pick up and check things out from our side.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP upload speed rate-limited to 20Mbps

Go to solution

Hi @ow274,

Thanks for speaking with me this afternoon, I'm glad I was able to help resolve the problem with your upload speed.

Neil

0 Ratings