cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FTTP

Why are BT so secretive about intstallion dates for this product, i am told between now and 2025?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP

It would be quite useful to know. We had Openreach workers on our road last week and yesterday doing something with cable under the ground which has been led to the telegraph pole at front of my garden which I presume is to make a new service available, but I have not been told anything and when I asked the man working on it the only word I could understand as he was not from the UK was 5G and it will definitely be nothing to do with 5G. I presume it is so we could get FTTP at some point (our current internet comes over the copper wires). I am hoping they put leaflets through the door if and when FTTP becomes available to our household.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@thomps42 wrote:

Why are BT so secretive about intstallion dates for this product, i am told between now and 2025?

Mainly because it is nothing to do with BT, Openreach are responsible for the network.

How on earth do you expect a company to produce accurate installation dates for a nationwide rollout of infrastructure to tens of millions of premises that will take many months/years to complete?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@thomps42wrote:

Why are BT so secretive about installation dates for this product, i am told between now and 2025?

Because its nothing to do with BT Retail, its openreach that do the installing of the fibre infrastructure, BT are just an ISP that sells the product when available

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@thomps42 if you enter your address details on this Openreach checker it might give you an estimate of when to expect the fibre roll out to be completed in your area.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I click that link I get not yet available is there a subliminal message in that for a installation date 😉
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Openreach did that with FTTC and then when they ran into problems and had to delay it all people did was complain.

So just like when you used to pester your mum about when dinner will be ready, ‘it’ll be ready when its ready’.