cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT do not supply full fibre in my area but a firm called Trooli does. When I enquired they said they would survey my property which they did. They told me my line was not in a duct but buried as there was no box on the outside wall. They could see my cable, in the junction box beneath the pavement in front of my house and also when taking the box off inside my house. They said they would have to dig up my front garden at my cost or at least 50% of it which I declined, let alone ruining my new front lawn.

My question is, when Openreach supplies full fibre to my areas (which is not prioritised) who will have to pay the cost to get it to my house?

Thanks

Keith

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP

Go to solution

Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Housing built in the 1960s through to the very early 1990s was DIG ( direct in ground ) armoured cable , I’m surprised the Alt Net you tried to use didn’t know this before visiting.

Openreach generally don’t charge anything to ISPs  for connection to Openreach FTTP once it’s made available in an area ,( even in DIG areas where the costs to connect customers can be significant ) with a few exceptions, like if you lived in a mansion with a 500m driveway,  a contribution may  be needed , but in most cases it’s ’ free ‘ , Openreach have no mechanism to charge anyone other than the ISP .

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Mat-S I was unable to reply to reply to your private messages, it said you don't accept them.

0 Ratings