cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Failure, massive failure to sort a simple upgrade

Have/had Fibre 250 BT Halo 1 and ranch end July to upgrade to full fibre 500 which is now available in my area.

Completed this over the phone, no problems and then the fun began:

1. They decided to create a new account for me and not upgrade my old account

2. Therefore have now got both services after the fibre got fitted

3. Didnt know this until i was sent emails to open my new BTID, which couldnt/cant because the account isnt active, even though im recieving full fibre. 

4 raised a complaint it was only after i picked up a note mentioning “your new service in addition to your existing service” . Hey come on, who would have both, this isnt rocket science!

5. First round of online advisor help where the manager literally washed his hands and blamed me. Complaint closed with no resolution. @hours of my life wasted and no progress.

6. 2nd round o telephone calls to sort, 3 hours 9 different advisors, one ray if hope who told me the solution and it looked as if it was going to solve it as i got and email confirming full fibre 500 BT Halo 3.

7. Then 2 days later another email downgrading me to 70Mbos fibre Halo 3 and charging me for the privilege.

8. Next round of calls to sort and a resolution offered up.

9. Then another email saying I’m leaving BT in the next few days, panic i need my broadband and who is closing my account.

10 another round of calls and absolutely no resolution or confidence Bt are going to sort this.

How the hell can such a simple upgrade go so painfully wrong and still not be resolved!!!!

all my complaints keep getting closed as sorted, how do i escalate, anyone experienced the same.

Keep tellling them to close down the new account and I’ll go back to the old package, which they can then upgrade to full fibre but this seems to be too difficult for them to understand. 

anyone have any ideas how the hell to sort this as I’m at the point where I’m now seriously considering just taking the plunge and moving to another provider. The only reason I hadn’t already done this was because i didnt want the hassle - what a fool i am.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Failure, massive failure to sort a simple upgrade

are you dealing with the FTTP TEAM 08005874787?

problem may have been switching from G.FAST to FTTP as normal move is FTTC to FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I think you’re right, but it should be simple to resolve. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@Julesman 

have you contacted the FTTP TEAM?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I had a similar problem when I placed an order to upgrade from copper to fibre when fibre became available in my area

For some reason BT had me on two different data bases which created a big problem which took over 2 months to resolve 

Fortunately BT agreed that they had messed up and I did get a very good compensation payment from them 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Did you ask for compensation or did they offer it up? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

When the problems started, which I might add were not confined to the data issues

I kept comprehensive notes of all of my conversations with numerous BT advisors which enabled me to challenge some of the miss information given by some of the BT advisors

I made it clear, during the various conversations,  that when all of the problems were resolved I would want compensation for all of stress and inconvenience I had been put to since June 8 

The issues were finally resolved on 28 July

Compensation was agreed but I did have to remind BT to credit my account, which they did on 17 Sept

I am now waiting to check that the credit has been applied to my latest bill

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I’m no further forward

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Are you dealing with FTTP TEAM?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Ive been all around the various teams, its an issue of someone taking ownership rather than continually passing it onwards. Ive ow has 2 DDs going out to pay for both services. 

0 Ratings