cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Fiber profile incorrect?

Go to solution

My contract was up for renewal and I got offered Fiber 2 for a good deal over Fiber1. I don’t think I have the profile changed over to fiber2 as my speeds will not connect over 55mb. 
Can you please advice? 

742EC6B4-7779-4F3E-AB6E-B30F88F41B33.jpeg

FC8C450D-FD3A-4B9A-9C63-494F722A9C32.jpeg

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fiber profile incorrect?

Go to solution

Have you tried phoning CS 150 and get them to check bearing in mind even though you move to fibre 2 your increase in speed will just be a few mb as you max attainable is only 61mb and actual is normally less than that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, I have phone CS and was told I was at the max attainable speed and it is because the cabinet is busy. I understand if that was the case but never going over 55mb to me is still fiber1 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

They were giving you a load of tosh. The speed from the cabinet is not dependent on whether it is 'busy' or not.

CS are totally clueless.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Can you enter your phone number and post results so we can see what speed range is estimated for your line   I find it strange if restricted to fibre 1 you  still cannot get the normal fibre 1 max of 55mb

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I can’t search by number as I got put on a digital line when I re-contracted. I have posted searching by post code but this shows lower than what I get. 

128F7B18-8424-4992-ACD5-E846342E3700.jpeg

 I have restarted my router and does show max connection of 55mb 

E3C015FD-78BD-46B9-821B-9578826B7645.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Post code is least accurate so can you try your address and post results but certainly looks like fibre 1 restriction.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I have asked the mods to check to see if still set on fibre 1 and they will post here.  As I said any speed increase will only be a few mb due to your distance from the cabinet 

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I understand, thank you. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Mc_Donnie, sorry that you seem to have your broadband capped at 55Mb. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to ensure you're not capped incorrectly.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings