cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre Upgrade Scam?

Go to solution

I had a phone call today from 02032021434 saying BT were upgrading the broadband in my area after complaints of outages. They wanted access to my devices although an IPad wasn’t acceptable for their test and wanted computer access. I didn’t go along with this and just said my broadband was fine thanks and ended call. They rang back 4 times but I didn’t answer. Presume this is a scam that everyone should be aware of?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre Upgrade Scam?

Go to solution

Yes its a scam, BT wont ask for access to devices.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for your quick reply naylor2006 much appreciated. I tried reporting it on the BT scam page but it won’t go through as it says it’s an incorrect phone number so can’t send to BT unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Not actually sure BT will do much with it anyway, these types of calls are pretty regular, unfortunately some people get caught out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I had outages in my area almost every week for 4 years and BT never phoned me once. I'm with Community Fibre now, not surprisingly.

0 Ratings