cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Fibre installation bodged job?

Yeah, cement dye.

Just checked on Amazon and it's still available, in various colours.  Takes a little bit of blending to get a good colour match but it can be done.  Would post a link but the last time I posted a commercially specific link the mods slapped my legs.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Im trying to upload a photo but the file is too big 🤷‍♀️

There’s some confusion on here … there’s no anchor hole left so that isn’t an issue.

The issue is that the new cable is attached to top corner of upstairs dormer then slopes at an angle out down to the ground floor roofline and there’s a huge ugly metal bracket attached to the fascia around the guttering. 

It’s hard to explain and I’ll keep trying to add a photo. 

The big metal bracket looks really ugly. 

Thanks 😃

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Yeah the anchor hole stuff was just an additional note I put on here to illustrate that contractors have to follow policy, IE all the things they wouldnt do at your property to facilitate a more aesthetic installation. I was also pointing out that its an industry thing and not limited to Openreach, this is why I talked about the anchor holes as Virgin and Sky have both used them for installs. Its just an example of necessary evil to get the job done whilst protecting ones self.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Try a lower resolution/quality on the picture.  Alternatively, if you have a Windows computer, drop it into Paint.  Crop it down to the minimum size and resave it as a jpeg.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

One hack I find that works is on windows to just open the image, then use the Snippet tool to screenshot it, the screenshot taken is usually small enough to just right click and copy then you can paste it right into the chat box without even saving...

naylor2006_0-1728996476971.png

Like that......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

When I did my Tetra Training years ago we were told to put the Anchor Hole in the mortar, unless it was to soft, in which case into brick.

Ref to where the anchor point should be, there’s no specific set height but most will usually put it where the CSP is going to go, providing the Fibre Drop Cable hits the ground parallel to where it attaches at the eves.

Either way we filled the hole with silicone that way if it required climbing again in the future you could just pull out the silicone and put the bolt back in and not need to drill a fresh hole.

Message 17 of 17

@36ULW  Now that makes sense.  Thanks for that.

@WheelieNana  Sorry, I seem to have hijacked your thread a little.  I do apologise.

0 Ratings