cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Fibre to Premises not showing for my house but other in the street

Go to solution

When OR upgrade an existing ‘copper pair’ area to FTTP , then obviously there has to be a boundary somewhere, those inside it get ‘lucky’, those outside the boundary ‘unlucky’ …there could well be be a practical reason why the boundary is placed where it is, for example , if the road runs North to South , perhaps No.1-13 are  served off a copper ‘DP’ at the north end of the street , and No.15-35 served from a different copper DP at the south end of the street, and it’s just bad luck for you that the scheme to provide FTTP included the North end of the street DP , but not the one at the South end of the street, so although you are next door to No.13 , your DP is not the same one, and not included in the scheme.

Alternatively, it could simply be that the CBT for No1-13 has been commissioned, so those addresses are ready for service, but the CBT ( basically a fibre DP ) for No’s 15-35 just hasn’t been commissioned yet, but will be soon.

Message 12 of 12

Re: Fibre to Premises not showing for my house but other in the street

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe @iniltous 

Thanks for both taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated

Have a much better understanding now so guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait

0 Ratings