cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Fibre900 woeful upload speeds

How can it be a hub firmware issue if the hub isn't connected?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Sorry, didn't realise i hadn't stated in my post it's OK without the hub, so yes, it's a hub issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

@busterboy1 hope you don’t mind I’ve sent you a msg to pick your brains on an alternate router to the sh2 I’m looking at getting the ASUS RT-AX86U

regards 

Craig

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

@Spikes46  Simple rule of thumb. Any third party router will be better than an ISP supplied one.

Before you go looking for one decide on your needs. There's a good guide on what to look for here.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/things-consider-when-buying-wireless-router/ 

Message 15 of 20

@pippincp 

Thank you buddy going to have a read of that now. Following from BT testing what’s going into the property the connection is solid but the output from the sh2 is all over the place.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Not sure which thread is best to post in as there are a few open, happy to be redirected but I’m having speed issues as well.

I’m on full fibre 900 and only really achieving 400/500 tops even when connected with a PC directly into the ONT. I’ve tried raising it through support but not been very successful getting help with the issue.

If anyone has ideas on something i could try or how i could better diagnose the problem?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

@Theuksbest 

Hi buddy, my recent issues were after the latest firmware update the moderator who rang me said the firmware was just a generic smart hub 2 one whereas for full fibre it required a different type which they did for me remotely after I sent them the required details via private message.

@NeilO  @JohnC2  both have done an excellent job in assisting me and I’m sure they’ll  happily look into your issue and help you out also once they see this.   😊

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

@Theuksbest  The best thing you can do is start your own thread to sort out your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

And replied in detail Craig.

Get the Asus mate, treat yourself and forget your speed issues as per Smart Hub 2. 😉

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 20 of 20

@Spikes46 that’s great, thank you!

0 Ratings