cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fttc to fttp

Hi all

I'm on fttc VDSL and I can upgrade to fttp.  Is that correct you have two boxes installed a grey box and ont box. Does the ont box replace my current master socket, as master in living room and I have small hard wired extension upstairs to socket where have my modem and 3rd party router as close to my ps5. 

Can I still use my 3rd party router and is this ont box like a modem which will replace my current modem. 

What happens to my current landline also with rental and calls.

Thanks guys n girls

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fttc to fttp

Yes, the ONT replaces your modem. As you are switching to FTTP is is almost guaranteed you will be switched to Digital Voice and your copper service will become redundant.

For DV you must use the BT Hub as it acts as a base station for DECT phones (BT will supply FOC if asked).

You could also ask the engineer to install the ONT upstairs. The external (CSP) box will be installed at ground level.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

thanks for the reply.

Whats a foc?.

Is this correct if I go to fttp I can't use my 3rd party router and landline, I have to use the hub for fttp and a landline/calls. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@L3 wrote:

thanks for the reply.

Whats a foc?.

Its not a thing, it means  Free Of Charge

Is this correct if I go to fttp I can't use my 3rd party router and landline, I have to use the hub for fttp and a landline/calls. 

You can use your third party router if you wish, but you won't have landline capability with it. You need to use the  SH2 if you intend using Digital Voice.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Reply clashed timewise with that of @licquorice 

0 Ratings