cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Full Fibre 100 - What speed do people get?

I'm considering getting the Full Fibre 100 package with 150Mbps average download speed and 30Mbps upload speed. For those who have this broadband, what speeds do you get on WiFi. Do you get close to the 150Mbps or is it nearer 100Mbps?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Full Fibre 100 - What speed do people get?

Wi-Fi speed is irrelevant to the product, it depends on the capability of your devices and the local environment meaning how many other W-Fi signals are competing for the radio spectrum in your locale. 

Message 3 of 12

What other people get with WiFi is totally irrelevant, WiFi is totally dependent on the local environment. The fibre speed to the ONT will be permanently whatever the package is, throughput will depend on the contention at the time (up to 30 customers share the 2.5Gbps backhaul) and WiFi will depend on your local environment and contention.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

I get the full 150 but only on 5mhz band. Only 75 on 2mhz band!  Bt says thats right...I dont think so. Upload is 29.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Consistently 149 down and 30 up over Wi-Fi. Same on Ethernet. 
But as others have said, Wi-Fi performance is very local environment dependent. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Please someone answer my original question. Should I expect 150 mb on the 2mhz band or not, with nothing else connected apart from my ipad doing the test?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

As posted, it is impossible to predict what speed you should be getting, there are too many variables.

The 2.4Ghz band is capable of 150Mbps.

Sitting next to my hub, I get an uplink and downlink WiFi speed of 192Mbps. That is the pure Wifi speed as reported by my Android phone, not throughput as my broadband is only 44Mbps. Does you iPad report link speed in your WiFi settings?

Just to clarify, there are 3 discrete speeds that are involved.

1. Broadband sync speed to ONT/Hub

2. Pure WiFi link speed between hub and device

3. Throughput or download speed between device and speed tester website

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@RodF46 .

Your question has already been answered several times as far as is possible.

A simple analogy is tossing a coin in the air and guessing whether it will land heads or tails, there's just too many variables and anyone who claims they can answer your question definitively is "being economical with the truth" - extremely economical. 

Message 9 of 12

Ipad only shows the throughput and main linkto ont is 1000/1000. If as you say  the 2meg ch should accept 150, then it doesnt whether on ipad iphone tv. The best sitting next to router is around 80 but this varies. The 5 meg ch is solid at 150. I need to find another hub to compare

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Are you able to get a non Apple device that can use both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz and test using that?