cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Full Fibre 500 Router

The green socket is effectively the same as your current copper master socket. DV phones just connect to the hub via DECT, the hub is a DECT base station.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

C to P? that's a new one on me, I'd be very interested in finding out what it means if anyone knows

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

FTTC to FTT presumably?

Message 14 of 17

This seems like the most logical explanation yet...

Whether this is the case or not, it would be useful for BT to actually say what they mean as it helps everyone.  There are far more knowledgeable people than me on this forum and the search has drawn very little.

Message 15 of 17

If *All the order says with regard to the equipment is "C to P Welcome Package" and "Alexa Advanced Home Phone"* that means you aren't getting a new SH2.

The C to P welcome Package (presumably C means Cabinet as in FTTC and P means Property as in FTTP) is an ethernet cable that will allow you to connect the WAN port on your SH2 with your ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

I believe some early SH2s do not have the green phone socket

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

So my C to P welcome package turned up today & consisted just of a RED ethernet cable for the red WAN port on the back of my newer Hub2. And a little piece of paper & a paperclipped WAN sticker explaining this is all I need to give to my engineer to fit full fibre during the appointment. 

0 Ratings