wired max I can get is around 450-500Mbps down

speeds have dropped on wifi massively now around 150Mbps down,

just ran a speed test now on wifi

https://www.speedtest.net/result/14657130920

In the last week had 3 engineers,

1,  Cube engineer,   comes in resets and reboots routers 

Connects wired with his laptop gets 450Mbps down

Then connects his mobile phone gets 190Mbps down  

Then goes on to tell me thats the best speeds I will get thats all my devices will support

as he has 20 years experience,   completely bizzare.

2,  Openreach engineer,  he at least understands what a profile of 900/100 means,

He tells me he is also on 900/100 at homes and gets 600wifi 800wired,

connects laptop to router gets around 460Mbps down, 160Mbps wifi down,

and says he has NO IDEA,  profile in router shows 1000Mbps down,   says he has no idea

how to fix it, will report back to his boss,  ( what he really does is goes and closes the case

with attempting to fix any issue)

3 Openreach Engineer,   it was difficult getting the third engineer, BT tech support would book

openreach started close the cases automatically,  evenutalyy after 2 no shows 3rd engineer

arrives saturday pat,    again,  he only does the EXACT same as the other 2,  resets and reboots the

router,  runs wired test 480Mbps.  wifi 150Mbps,    and says " im glad its a head scratcher". 

At this point no one has even looked at the ONT,   I say cant you even try a new ONT to see if it 

helps,      he gets small ONT from van wires it up giving code to support. to set it up,   as soon as 

setup he runs a wifi speed test on his mobile, and its worse now dropped down to 50Mbps, so he quickly

changes it back to the OLD ONT,

Also test brand new router with nothing before and adding iphine 13 ran a speedtes 190Mbps down

Anyone help guide to to connect either my macbook directly to the ONT. to do a speedtest bypassing router,

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 12.23.43.png

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Full Fibre 900/100. Slow speeds

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp27142/mac

PPPoE details are the generic username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT