cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre 900 - Installed today and fails after 1hr - not too impressed so far

Go to solution

I had my connection that was from the green cabinet in  the street upgrade to Full Fibre today.  The 900 package.
The engineer was nice friendly etc so no issues there.  After a few hours the install was done.  Did a speed test I got 910 / 110 which is the advertised speeds.  The thing is after approximately 1hr of watching BBC iplayer the entire thing dies.  no broadband at all.  The openreach ONT on the wall has a red LOS light now it was green before and the PON light is no longer lit.

I rang one of BTs numbers and an openreach engineer is coming out tomorrow.  But fresh installs that are 1hr or less old shouldnt fail.  My Previous connection from the cabinet on the street has been flawless for years in comparison absolutely zero downtime.

ONT.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre 900 - Installed today and fails after 1hr - not too impressed so far

Go to solution

LOS = Loss of Signal i.e no light. Could be due to any number of reasons.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Full Fibre 900 - Installed today and fails after 1hr - not too impressed so far

Go to solution

I would put money on it being a bad splice where the external and internal cables are joined. It should be a 5 minute fix for the engineer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The Engineer has visited today.  he checked all the splices , he has done them again. He said they were really good splices and shouldnt of required doing again.   Still a LOS light illuminated.   He made some calls and it turns out the connection had been toggled to OFF at BT's end.    As to why he couldnt explain it.

hopefully this is not going to be a frequent problem.  Bt offer a stay fast guarantee.  perhaps you now need a minimum stay connected guarantee and not randomly switch off brand new installs.

Just done a speedtest and its working as advertised again.

speedtest.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Map3st3r,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. 

It hasn't been a great start to your Fibre 900 service but I'm glad the engineer was able to help you get reconnected. 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings