cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade Fibre with Halo 1 to Fibre 250 Halo 3+

Go to solution

What's actually involved with upgrading from Fibre with Halo 1 (61-67Mbps down, 16-18Mbps up) to Fibre 250 Halo 3+ (299-300Mbps down, 30-46Mpbs up)?

Is this simply removing a throttle at the exchange? Or is new kit and cabling required?

Asking because I was all set to purchase the upgrade when I was asked to pick an installation date for a BT engineer. I'm in a rental, we have no access to existing cabling from the street to the (second floor) flat, and we can't be drilling holes in any walls. The landlord has no idea where the existing cabling is: there's a street level port on the pavement outside the building, there's a port in the living room cabinet, and literally no-one knows what happens in between.

I'm fine with having to install a new modem and indeed would rather do it myself. Do we actually need an engineer on site? I presumably already have FTTC so I'm hoping this is just a throttle upgrade.

On a related note: it is possible to get the faster line without all the extras like Hybrid Line, Complete Wifi, etc? i.e. I'm looking for Fibre Halo 3 instead of 3+, if such a thing exists. Well I'd love faster than Fibre 250 but that's apparently the best I can upgrade to...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade Fibre with Halo 1 to Fibre 250 Halo 3+

Go to solution

If it is Fibre 250 andd not Full Fibre 250 then it will be delivered over the existing lines. The Openreach (not BT) engineer will just change the NTE faceplate to a G.Fast one.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgrade Fibre with Halo 1 to Fibre 250 Halo 3+

Go to solution

Awesome, thank you!

0 Ratings