cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full Fibre 900 Throttled Uploads AGAIN

Hi All,

It seems I spoke too soon!!

I woke up this morning and our BT SH2 was back to it old tricks , throttling my speeds but worse than before it’s now my download speeds to around 300-500 and my upload speeds to 8-20 , no amount of hub resetting seems to fix it!

I’m seriously considering cancelling the service during the cooling off period if this isn’t rectified.

Can anyone off some more advice or knows how to contact the MOD team directly as listing to faults say the same thing over and over again is getting tiresome. 🤬

Any moderators or admin on here please feel free to PM me, thanks in advance.

Lou

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full Fibre 900 Throttled Uploads AGAIN

@Loutiffwilson 

What you are doing will not fix the problem.

A parameter update needs to be sent to the home hub, and that means you must leave it connected all the time, no disconnections or resets of any kind.

It can take a few days for the parameter change to be sent, so leave it alone, and if there has been no change after three days of uninterrupted connection, then post back here.

Updates rely on the serial number of the home hub being correctly recorded against the connection, and occasionally its incorrect and needs to be manually corrected.

All a factory reset will do, is to undo any parameter changes before they are properly stored in the home hub configuration.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks Keith , I’ll give that a go.

When I spoke to faults last night the eventually turned off a parameter called smart set up which gave me 912/110 but for some reason it’s reverted back again overnight.

is there a way for tech support to push this parameter manually rather than have to wait?

I work from home at the moment and regularly have to upload large HD Video files to our server , this is the main reason for getting 900/110 full fibre.

I have to say at the moment I’m not that impressed , others have had success by using 3rd party routers , I’m assuming as the serial number can’t be linked to the account the line just opens to the maximum speed subscribed to?

Many Thanks,

Lou

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Smart Setup has nothing to do with your problem, which is a restriction that is built into all home hubs that work on both FTTC and FTTP.

It was done to stop FTTC dropping the connection when users uploaded data too fast, and the home hub could not maintain connection with the equipment in the cabinet. 

This restriction is not needed on FTTP, so a change has to be made to the configuration to remove this restriction. This change is supposed to be automatically delivered using CWMP, but it can fail if there is a data integrity issue. All hub serial numbers are meant to be recorded, so that selective updates can only be applied to a specify hub, or groups of hubs.

A targeted parameter change would also occur if people opt in or out of BT WIFI hotspot transmission.

Third party routers are not affected, but of course you cannot use a third party router if you have BT Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Keith,

I do want to opt out of the BT hotspot but the settings seem impossible to find? 🤷‍♂️
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Loutiffwilson wrote:
Thanks Keith,

I do want to opt out of the BT hotspot but the settings seem impossible to find? 🤷‍♂️

That can only be done via MyBT, manage extras. 

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi-

A factory reset will always enable it again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

HI Keith ,

I don't seem to have that option on my bt login , just says download app to manage wifi , and there is nothing in the app about opting out. I was HOPING that opting out might force the correct profile to be sent to my SH2.

Out of curiosity , I created a direct PPOE connection and the speeds were correct 912/118 who knows , im going to call tech support and see if they can manually send this parameter change.

wish me luck.

Thanks Again,

Lou.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Found the setting to opt out of BT wi-fi - hidden in the bottom of the info page. 🤦‍♂️

0 Ratings