cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre 900 Upload Cap 50mbps

As per the subject, the upload speed on our plan is limited to 50mbps instead of the 100-120 we were told to expect. It has been over 10 days since we were connected and I have tried resetting the hub but it has not changed anything. Our down speed is good and we consistently get 850-900, it is just the upload.

Reading here it seems like a relatively common issue, is there someone I can contact in order to resolve this? We think it may be to do with the fact there was a previous BT connection in our household before we moved in on a slower plan.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre 900 Upload Cap 50mbps

Hi @tbforum101 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your upload issue, sorry you're having problems. I can help. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch. We're busier than usual at present so it's taking a little longer than usual to reply but once you send over the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 5

I to wish they provided asymetrical i was looking at bt business today and ever their full fiber to premises is still caped they wont give up the leased line game that easy.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If ur using bt hub i would ditch it and get a netgear nighthawk will improve reliability of connections
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@david39ni  You already have an asymetrical connection. Openreach currently use GPON.

A little light reading for you.

https://us.hitrontech.com/learn/what-is-gpon-and-how-does-it-work/ 

0 Ratings