cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Full Fibre 900- download speed issue

Morning all,

Have recently had full fibre 900 installed. The upload speed is perfect (110mbps) but I'm only getting 500mbps on download speed. 

Could someone assist with this. I've posted below my hub stats;

Product code:Hub

Serial number:+091300+2216005566

Firmware version:v0.35.01.06093-BT

Firmware updated:Thu Sep 1 11:51:55 2022

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.74 12_11_2020

DSL uptime:0 days,08 Hours46 Mins50 Secs

Data rate:1000 Mbps / 1000 Mbps

Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:On

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:473.9 MB Uploaded / 3.2 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Public Wi-fi status:Activated

Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Full Fibre 900- download speed issue

can you try running test on  https://fast.com/  and post results  need to use ethernet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Download speed is 499mbps

Upload speed: 110mbps

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

if you try again and get same result the phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 as look like on 500mb down speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

As far as I know , only the profile used with 110Mb upload is the 900Mb product, if your profile had been incorrectly set up as 500Mb your upload would be 75Mb, not 110Mb.
It’s possible you are on a busy PON , try at a quieter time , or you have a fault ( although it would be a strange one ) , use the BTw FTTP speed checker and post the results…if using third party speed checkers post the results from several of them not just one.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Hi all,

I've contacted customer service and they said the connection is still within the 5-10 day settling period. Is this still valid for an FTTP connection as i thought it was only valid for FTTC/ADSL connections to have a settling-in period for the speed. 

I'll try the fibre team later on and see if they can run tests as the customer service advisor I spoke to couldn't run a speed test due to the connection being so new. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

FTTP should be right speed from start - apart from some have up speed at 50mb for first couple of days  I would phone FTTP TEAM

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Do they not have a settling in period?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

not FTTP - good to go from install

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

OK- I've tried the FTTP number you provided but it just takes me to the main menu.

What can I say to them as I have been fobbed off by customer service who ran tests and said there's no fault found.
0 Ratings