cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Full Fibre Availability

Go to solution

what's a PON please?

But really is it possible to have two semis where one had and the other hasn't got FTTP?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

PON, Passive Optical Network.

They refer to a PON, which will have its own unique PON Number, which covers a small geographical area and has X amount of NAD Keys Assigned to it, NAD Keys being Customer Premises, Residential or Business.

A PON will usually only have one Splitter but occasionally may have two and in very rare cases three. 

And no, it’s not uncommon for one house to be on one PON and the immediate Neighbour to be on another. I see it all the time.

In fact my brother himself has this same issue, he can’t get FTTP but his neighbour can, I won’t go into to much detail but it’s because their existing copper lines that are underground are fed by different Copper DP’s and the ducts for them are on different tracks.

Or in your case it could just be a Database Error, without actually seeing what Openreach can see I’m only second guessing.

Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

That's really helpful @36ULW . Thanks. 

TThe old copper and new fibre in fact run past our house in the same ducting from the DSLAM ( see, I know that one!) About 1km away. 

Then they emerge to be overhead cabling and fibre from a box duct cover. Everything to the east gets it and to the west of this duct cover doesn't

Interestingly, after the group of houses which have supply, there is a very long run (1km) via various circular and rectangular boxes to a single dwelling owned by a Peer of the Realm. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Nailed to our pole is a handwritten note from when the fibre was installed. It says *QCT under lid closef to the pole*

Anyone know what that means?

BTW openreach have replied to say you are not connected and there are no plans to do so. 

Bit silly really when it would be an easy win with 14 flats 4 houses and a primary school within sight

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Never heard of an Acronym, ‘QCT’.

I’d hazard a guess it’s just the last 3 letters of a CBT ID.

Unlike Copper DP’s, which are numbered, i.e. DP7224 FTTP CBT’s are lettered.

Usually all the CBT’s on a PON are similar so Engineers will normally only refer to them as the last 3 letters, i.e. CBTETCBS, CBTETCBT, CBTETCBU, and so on.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

@36ULW  yes that's what I thought as this pole does not have an external CBT at the top of the pole. 

That makes it even more frustrating as there is clearly capacity and it's probably live, just that no-one recognises it as such. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Hi all, I have the same issue, half the street has Full fibre, the rest not.

No poles, all lines are underground. We have had tge usual bunch of alternative suppliers come round trying to sell their service, so tgey know that FF is aroubd us

It's just strange, no plans to finish off the road and been like it for 12 months now

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Ok, so I went to tge open reach site as posted before, my tel number now being digital voice didn't show, so I did it by address

Results were to a layman strange,

FTTP is not available.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

As a WLR withdrawal exchange, product restrictions apply

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For all SOADSL services,the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL availability: If shown at FTTP or SOGEA premises,ADSL, ADSL2+ and SOADSL are not available to order due to WLR Withdrawal stop sell rules. CPs should order FTTP or SOGEA. Copper products are only available by exception.

So, I think we are n8t getting FF?

sorry for the length of the post

VDSL range   A clean showed 80 high 70 low and unavailable, 

But then FTTP on demand 330 downstream and 50 upstream and marked as available?

FTTP Priority exchange was N

WRL withdrawal  was Y

SOADSL restriction  was N

Then their followed the following information;

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Basically that means there is no chance!

And now in our neck of the woods our immediate neighbours have gor fibre by some special arrangement as it's a new install. Now there's a thought.....

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

It doesn’t mean ‘no chance’ at all , it means there currently is no FTTP from OR available , it gives no indication at all as to when the situation may change , it may be weeks away , may be years away ,  the wholesale checker is no indication of timescale.