cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Full Fibre Install

I m trying to get full fibre installed. It’s in my area. So far 3 engineer appointments have been cancelled. I’m told it’s a system issue between BT and Openreach. Now told BT have to wait another week until system resets before they can start to input a new order and again begin process to schedule an engineer. 

Seems extraordinary that a mega-tech company has to wait more than one week to reset a system and is helpless in the interim!

Have involved CEO's office but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Anyone else heard of this? 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Full Fibre Install

Honestly, I would avoid BT like the plague. I've been with them just 2 months and already I have had the same amount of issues I had in 9 years with TalkTalk. Stupidity on my part. Save yourself the pain. I've already signed up with a new provider. At the very least, they can't be any worse.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

To put another spin on the last post I've had no issues with BT since installation yet had numerous issues with talktalk as have family members in the past.

OP, mistakes do happen unfortunately and as much as people think it works that someone can click their fingers & resolve an issue it doesn't, sounds like yours us in hand though & will be resolved eventually with the auto compensation for delayed install kicking on too of course

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

That is a fair point. What didn't work for me might work for others. Unfortunately for me, my BT experience has not been a good one. My broadband going down was annoying, but what was more annoying was all the hoops you have to jump through to try to get it resolved. First it must be my fault, then they say it might be their fault. Sherlock Holmes stuff right there. Then all the text messages and emails. Why can't I just speak to someone? Anyway, signing up to a new provider was just so much simpler, so that's what I did. Patience isn't my forte.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

You’ll struggle to get anything installed at the minute.

Because of the Strikes and a High Staff Turnover Openreach have a massive backlog of work, it’s currently well over 100,000. 40,000 of which are FTTP Installs.

there’s currently a wait time of 2 month’s minimum to get FTTP Installed. Some are taking even longer.

If you can go with an Alt Net I highly recommend doing so.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

I'm all good here. I'm signed up and just waiting for the new router to get sent out and I've been given Dec 6th as connection date. I've got back up internet to keep me going, but having to watch youtube videos in 720p is serious hardship 😞 (joking)

I notice BT don't have a backlog in sending out their bills. I got mine this morning, like clockwork. Why don't they just run their internet on the ame system as the 'taking the money out your bank account' system? Faults would be a thing of the past. Unfortunately for them, I've already cancelled the direct debit. So, good luck with that BT.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Hmm, unfortunately for you, your credit rating will go down the pan.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

And your order could be cancelled.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Fortunately for me, my credit rating has always been down the pan and yet, here I am, still surviving. Hmm...

I have nothing against sheep though. Whatever floats your boat.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Are you a betting man?
0 Ratings