cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Full Fibre - When?

Go to solution

Hi All,

Quick search revealed nothing on here (might be lack of skill) - would there be a document that says when certain areas are being upgraded to the Full Fibre option? I currently have up to 78mbit but this past few months there have been OpenReach and contractor vans in the area putting in cables everywhere.

I've spoken to a mate to works for BT OpenReach but he didn't know.

I've looked at my broadband upgrade offers on MyBT but the website tells me to ring to see what is available. I've registered my interest and read the post about FF (and it's speeds).

Just don't want to miss out or be slow.....

Thanks everyone,

G

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: Full Fibre - When?

Go to solution

@garethedmondson 

Only Openreach would know that, but they are not going to tell anyone, as its commercially sensitive.

Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

only openreach know the answer to your question when you will get full fibre connection.  if openreach vans in area are the laying cable in road or are they working on the telegraph poles

you can keep checking here by entering your phone number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Can I assume that if it says: FTTP Priority Exchange - Status N then it isn't going to happen any time soon?

However - reading it again it says:

FTTP on Demand | Downstram Line Rate: 330 | Upstream Line Rate: 50 | Available

So MAYBE I could get it?

G

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

"FTTP on Demand" afaik is business only unless you can afford it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

If you go to the Openreach site, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on where and when we are building you can view Openreach's roll out plan. It is quite broad brush but it gives you a sense of whether you are soon or at the end of the WLR programme.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

Broad brush, yes I agree my exchange and area on their map shows sometime between2022 and 2026.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Further to my original question, the fibre has now been pulled to outside my house. It has been put on the pole. Wondering now how long I have to wait before it gets offered - and then do I bother?

Cheers

G

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

With regard to “imjolly’s” post.

This is not really true.  Openreach has admitted that it is unable to comply with government requirements, and has opened up the provision of FTTP to small providers, in our area this is BoxBroadband.  To recompense their outlay they have been given sole provider status in these areas.

In my Close, we have had fibre to the distribution box on the top of the pole for some time, but no further progress has been made.

BoxBroadband appear to be maximising their financial position, as would be expected, by concentrating on locations with the most demand.  The outcome is that nothing is definite.

0 Ratings