cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Full Fibre availability in my area......or not!!

Last September a company called ZZOOMM installed Full fibre in my area in Hereford. Shortly after Open Reach and their subcontractor McQuinn updated their cables and telegraph poles to provide full fibre. I have received mail from BT or Open Reach (can't remember which) telling me that Full fibre is now available to my home, Open Reach website indicates Full fibre is available so does BT Wholesale. I've had mail from Sky, Vodaphone offering me full fibre. EE website tells me I can, an Open Reach engineer has told me that the telegraph pole two doors away from my house is fitted ready for full fibre. The BT website tells me I can have Full Fibre 100 for £35.99 HOWEVER if I sign in to MyBT it tells me full fibre isn't available in my area and Sharon from Newcastle on BT chat tells me she can't offer me Full fibre. Anybody got any idea what's going on coz I'm totally confused!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Full Fibre availability in my area......or not!!

if you are a BT customer then enter your phone number and post results  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787. If its answered by the general customer services team, try calling again as it diverts to them when busy.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Don't seem able to post results here but believe relevant bit is

WBC FTTP Download upto 1000/ Upstream upto 220/ Availability date Available/ FTTP install process 1 stage

Notes at bottom:

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Jan 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.
Message 5 of 10

Then phone FTTP TEAM as suggested by @licquorice 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

OK Thanks. Who are the FTTP team - BT or Open Reach?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Are you still in contract on FTTC?

Did you manage to get through to BT about FTTP in the end? If the Openreach checker shows it as available, it should be available. You can try inputting the post code into the BT website (logged out) as well to see if it shows the Full Fibre (Ultrafast) products on display at the address. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@JamesBand5 

That information has already been posted message 4 hence why the suggestion to progress by contacting FTTP TEAM

Message 10 of 10

I contacted BT via messenger and subsequently got a call back from cancellations. I've got a quote for full fibre, apparently the system wasn't up to date.