cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full Fibre install tomorrow - equipment not delivered

Go to solution

I've got fibre broadband booked tomorrow but haven't received any of the equipment - the tracking hasn't update from the following since last Thursday...

This item is on its way to Royal Mail.
The sender has advised they've despatched your item to us.

Should I just let the engineer call anyway - will they have a spare SmartHub or whatever they need?  I'm loathe to change the appointment as I'm then away for a while.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full Fibre install tomorrow - equipment not delivered

Go to solution

Royal Mail were on strike last thursday  so may have caused delay in delivery of SH2

are you an existing BT Broadband customer upgrading and if so do you have an existing SH2?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
No - we're being upgraded from copper to fibre so have one of the older hubs
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The engineer can still install the fibre connection and can test it with his equipment. He doesn't need a hub to do so.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Just spoke to BT.  SmartHub is delayed by Royal Mail strike but on its way.  They are adamant to let the engineer visit go ahead as planned (postponing would cause weeks of delay) and say that the fibre modem can be connected to my existing Home Hub 4 temporarily via the WAN port.  Fingers crossed!

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

As long as your hub4 has a red wan port, you can use that fine, just won't have Digital Voice

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks.  Phew.  Not worried about Digital Voice until the SH2 turns up, as long as I can work.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@licquorice  The hub 4 has an RJ45 1Gb WAN interface.

hub 4.jpg