cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Full Fibre installed and LOS is Red!!

Yesterday (Tues), we had fibre installed and it worked whilst the engineer was here and about 5 mins the LOS went red.  Rang BT, who tell me there is a fault somewhere but they can’t get someone out till Friday.   There’s no fault in the area that I can find, but guessing its localised to us. We’re now without Broadband and our TV, there was no offering to reflect this in our monthly cost, but they are sending a mobile router so we have internet access again….  Is this normal? Have we been hooked up to a dodgy fibre?  The lack of information provided so far is unreal.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Full Fibre installed and LOS is Red!!

You will get compensation of £5.28 for every day that you are without service.

The 4G router is a handy bit of kit providing you have decent 4G signal at your house.

Message 3 of 15

Good luck getting an engineer on Friday too btw, that's one of the strike days

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Fridays in many industries are known as "POETS DAY" Pis* Off Early Tomorrows Saturday 😉

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

@lesley13S 

@WelshDave is correct, that 4g mini-hub is excellent provided you have decent 4g coverage in your neck of the woods.

We were able to watch TV which picked up the mini-hub straightaway. Phones, tablets, PCs and the TV all functioned with no problems.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Yeah, I'm not confident they will fix it this week.  Just really annoying that it literally stopped working after the engineer went.  Dongle has arrived but it did have a moment when it decided to go off line.

will try and hook the TV up to it later to see how good it all hangs together!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hopefully you have decent 4G signal in your area.  We didn't have terribly good sign but it was still adequate for my daughter to do YouTube and TikTok and my wife and I to do email and internet browsing

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

TBH , if something is going to fail it’s usually within a short period of installing, you are just unlucky, if it’s reported then it will be fixed , compensation is due as per terms and conditions, if BT have sent you a mobile WiFi device to cover the period until it’s fixed thats more than most ISPs would do

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Friday in Openreach is called Flex Off Friday.

Not this Friday though, they’re Striking this Friday and Monday 1st August.  **Edited**

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Its just annoying as original installation was 21st, there was a no show and then two further attempts culminating in it not working now is just annoying. We work from home and having mini hub is great, but we did have issues with it dropping the signal and our having to restart it to pick up the 4G signal.  With the strike looking like its deffo on, I’ll be back on the phone today to ask what is a more realistic fix date…. This is we feel we should have just stayed on copper!!

0 Ratings