cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre question - Is it my Internet or my Ethernet Wire / Connection?

Hi everyone,

So during the heatwave I noticed some dropouts when I was playing online gaming.  I have the 900MB beast connection and have done all manner of online tests - checking pings, download speeds etc.

One such disconnect happened just now and the results are below.

What would you guys suggest?  A new ethernet cable or a new ethernet port (if there is such a thing) my PC is only a couple of years old and I'm hoping it's not that.

I have checked the wires from the hub to the PC and all appear fine - no crimps etc.  

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks 🙂

Darkelf720_0-1661371610901.png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre question - Is it my Internet or my Ethernet Wire / Connection?

It could be that the ethernet cable connected to port 3 of your hub is dodgy, is that your PC.?

Message 3 of 5

My Smarthub2 was dropping the connection to myTV with similar messages. BT supplied a replacement hub but I still had the same issue. I bought a TP-Link router which has been 100% stable. 

Message 4 of 5

So, 

Oddly I think I solved the issue (for now).  It appears the connection on my Ethernet port 3 on the Hub was faulty.  It's in another one and I haven't dropped connection.

Although, I have unplugged, cleaned and put back all the router wires etc.

Or it could simply be that, where by box (outside on the wall) faces the sun, when it was 40c the other day, it just over heated.

Who knows, it appears fine now 😄  Thanks for the responses though guys.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It might be worth checking the condition of the lid on the CSP (the box on the outside wall), the plastic has a habit of disintegrating and crumbling away under high temperatures and UV light

0 Ratings