cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Full Fibre upgrade on Halo 3+

Much to my (pleasant) surprise this morning, I have received an email from Openreach confirming that our road is now on plan for Ultrafast FTTP by the end of the year.

As someone who has Halo 3+ and the promised free upgrade to Full Fibre 100, I have some questions about the process, whenever we get the opportunity to upgrade: 

1. Do I need to do anything to instigate the free Full Fibre upgrade or does it happen automatically?
  2. Does the free Full Fibre upgrade instigate a recontract?
  3. If it does, can I recontract at faster speeds and still have a free install?
  4. Either way, will I have the opportunity to move to EE at that point and benefit from a WiFi 6 router?
  5. Finally, if I recontract or move, I don't believe I will need 4G fallback on FTTP, so can I move off of Halo 3+ at that point or would I need to move to a comparable service on EE?

Free Full Fibre upgradeFree Full Fibre upgradeYummy!Yummy!

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Full Fibre upgrade on Halo 3+

Hi @stereohaven 

I can't answer all of your questions, but I had FTTP become available in August last year and was/am on a Halo 3 plan - my experience was as follows:

• I had to initiate the upgrade, nothing was automatic
  • I chose to upgrade to FF 1Gbps and still got the free install
  • I had to start a new 24 month contract

I also included DV in my initial upgrade, then decided I didn't want it - I was able to cancel it a couple of weeks later (and start a further new 24 month contract).

[EDIT: Typos]

Message 3 of 3

Re: Full Fibre upgrade on Halo 3+

Thanks for sharing @ptrduffy , that’s really helpful 👍🏻

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings