cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre 900 low speed issues

Good morning everyone 

I wondered if anyone could offer me a bit of advice.

I upgraded to full fibre 900 on the 23rd December, and have been monitoring the speeds ever since. BT assure me I am getting 1G into the hub and I have full fibre turned on in the hub settings. 

So download wise straight from the smart hub 2 to my new laptop using an cat 5e ethernet cable, I get an average of about 300M and over WIFI about 130M using fast.com.

Considering I am paying for full fibre 900, are these speeds acceptable ? 

If not, how do I go about improving the speeds ?

Thanks for your help in advance 

Anthony

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre 900 low speed issues

have you restarted hub since upgrade?  if not try that

can you using ethernet connection run

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

fast.com

post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

I Power cycled both the ONT and the hub this afternoon which has improved the ethernet side of things.

Using the BT wholesale test I now get an average of 500M between hub and my laptop using a 5e cable.

But the WIFI  still has a download speed of no more than 130M,  I appreciate WIFI has many variables and so there is no speed guarantee. But is a speed of 130M acceptable on full fibre 900 or could this be improved ?

Thanks 

Anthony

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @agrivosti and thanks for posting.

What have you tired to improve the wifi connection? Have you tried changing your settings? If not take a look at change wifi channel on BT hub 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @DavidM 

Thanks for your reply.

After the install by Openreach I was getting speeds of about 60M over Wi-Fi, the engineer blamed the hub and suggested I call BT, but after a hub channel change and a reboot my speeds average 200M ish over Wi-Fi . My Ethernet connection measures about 500M. 

I am paying for BT fibre 900 , so should I expect faster speeds than above ? 

please see below my Wi-Fi settings on the hub 

E75C1CEF-B257-469E-8DBC-8D0C723C5F7F.jpeg
 thanks for your help

Anthony

0 Ratings