cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre 900 upload speed capped at 20mb

I have seen other threads about this topic, and am having no luck speaking with bt on the phone

I had Full Fibre 900 installed on July 13th and after months of delays was completed on monday 3rd october, and while the download speed to my hub looks to be fine, the upload speed seems to be capped at 20Mb. When I ordered the new package it said I should be getting 110Mb.

The day it was finished I had 50mb upload speed which quickly went down to 20mb and has not moved since, that is knowhere near the 110Mb indicated.

I have seen from reading other threads that this seems to be a fairly common issue after a FTTP install and there is this artificial cap for some reason. The general suggestion that it will sort itself out on its own after a few days from the install date does not appear to have happened in my case. As it has been solved on here for others, I too am wondering if any of the moderators here might be able to assist and take a look at this for me please?

Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre 900 upload speed capped at 20mb

If only activated on 3 Oct then give it a few more days with no resets and if still no change then phone FTTP TEAM who should be able to help you 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

ive spoken with the FTTP TEAM, they have said there is no bedding in period with fibre and it  should not fluctuate so waiting doesnt make a difference,  but because it is at 20mb it is over the 10mb guarantee so they cant do anything. i actually found both the people i spoke to extremely rude and unhelpful.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Obviously from reading the forum posts and contrary to your phone conversation there is a delay for some customers with the up speed correcting itself   if not corrected itself in few more days then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @nick1987 you're Smart Hub 2 should automatically download an update to change the upload profile after upgrading. In some instances, it is the Openreach network profile that hasn't changed. 

The moderation team will be happy to help if it hasn't improved and I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch.

Thanks

Neil