cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Full fibre available from SKY and Vodaphone but not BT

Go to solution

Hi

The openreach checker "https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband" has shown full fibre avaiable to my house for a few weeks now and SKY and Vodafone have been offering it for the same time but not BT.  I though this may be due to BT needing some time to catch up.  Today I received an Email form Openreach saying full fibre is available, but it is still not avaiable via BT broadband and "https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL"  says FTTP not available.  I rang BT broadband and spoke to someone who said it wasnt avaiable and SKY and Vodaphone will not be able to offere it, and then went on to try to get me to extend my contract (I have a year left) by offering a lower price.

Will BT actually give first priority to other providers like SKY and Vodaphone who are bombarding me with leaflets and emails saying I can have full fibre  ? Should I just give it a try with one of them and just get a penalty from BT for leaving contract early (it would be worth it to get fast reliable fibre).

Many thanks and regards

ps exchange is Exchange STANFORD LE HOPE is served by Cabinet 11

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Full fibre available from SKY and Vodaphone but not BT

Go to solution

BT do not have any way of giving priority to any company or getting priority for them selves because it is not in their gift to do so. They are an Internet Service Provider with the same clout as all the other ISPs when it comes to getting access to the infrastructure.

Openreach who operate the infrastructure offer the same access to all the ISP at the same time. It is up to each ISP to decide whether or not they take up that access.

If you have not already done this you could try call the BT Fibre Team on 0800 587 4787 and ask them when you can place an order.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

as the dslchecker is maintained by openreach it should show same information to all ISPs.  have you seen openreach vans in your area and if so are the fitting fibre to the existing telegraph poles or digging the pavements?

you can try phoning FTTP TEAM and see if they can help 08005874787   if your call is diverted to CS as FTTP TEAM busy then just hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks for reply

Yes Openreach have been in our village and we that the fibre on the poles for few months ago now.  I spoke to one of the contractors who said they had finished in our village.

I will try the number you gave and see if i get anywhere, thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

Thanks

I tried the number but end up getting the BT broadband team who tell me FTTP is not available.

"Openreach who operate the infrastructure offer the same access to all the ISP at the same time. It is up to each ISP to decide whether or not they take up that access."  So having been emailed from openreach and their checker saying available is it possible that SKY and Vodaphone genuinely can be offer me FTTP  before BT ?  I am thinking of ordering from one of them but dont want to be on a wild goose chase waiting for it to be available, and loose my slot in the FTTC before I get FTTP.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution
Post the actual return form the checker for your phone number , unless on DV , in which case use your address
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
As already said , OR offer FTTP to all ISP that consume OR products at the same time , it’s possible but very unlikely that BTw haven’t provided the necessary cable links but other ISP have , meaning BT are not able to offer service ….but normally BTw are ahead of others , not behind.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

If the other providers are offering it now and BT is not it may be that the other providers are just going to place you on a waiting list until such time as it becomes available for activation.

Can you post a screen shot of what the Openreach checkers shows for your phone number/address.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Re: Full fibre available from SKY and Vodafone but not BT

Go to solution

It seems impossible to actually talk to someone at Openreach unless you are reporting damage to infrastructure.  I did manage to find an online form and got the reply below.  I spoke to someone at both vodafone and sky  who both said they can supply FTTP.  I am guessing their information comes from Openreach and not BT.  Will their engineers actually install the fibre from the poll and the ONT or do they get an Openreach engineer to come out.

"

Your case number is QI……….

So we can answer your questions we need to thoroughly check our network and any future plans we have for your area, we'll aim to respond to you in 5 working days.

In the meantime, you can check the latest status for your address here -

If your enquiry is about a new build home, there is information about where to get help here - 

Please note: This enquiry point is for queries about fibre broadband availability.

If your enquiry is about any of the following you'll find what you need here: 

• Faults or orders on your line - You need to talk to your communications provider first – that's the company who sends you a bill. We're sorry, but we can't talk to you directly about it.
  • Raising a complaint– use the information on the site above.
  • Reporting damage/health & safety – use the link on the site above for rapid resolution

Kind regards"

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

It is pointless asking Openreach. They do not deal with anyone other than the ISPs. 

If you post the information that has been requested it may give the relevant information.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Hi

Many thanks for the replies.

Yes the exchange checker say not available, but this does not explain the disconnect between BT and Openreach and does not explain why sky and Vodaphone are willing to proceed to place the order for FTTP.  I am tempted to order from sky but paranoid I may loose my current connection and be left waiting!  Also I dont wish to doubt but the exchange checker does not have an openreach address but a BT wholesale one "https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/telephoneHome"

bobrex_0-1658767224330.png

Not sure if screen shot viewable.  As text

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) help 59.4 40 13.8 8.8 35 Available Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) help 58 35 13.6 8.2 32.1 Available Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 3 -- 2 to 5.5 Available --
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 3 Up to 0.5 2 to 5.5 Available --
ADSL Max Up to 1.5 -- 1.5 to 4.5 Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available --
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available --
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC SOADSL 2+ Up to 3 -- 2 to 5.5 Available --
SOADSL Max Up to 1.5 -- 2 to 5.5 Available --
SOADSL Fixed Rate Up to 1 -- 1.5 to 4.5 -- --
Observed Speeds VDSL
Max Observed Downstream Speed 32.39
Max Observed Upstream Speed 8.77
Observed Date 2022-07-11
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Premise Environment Status
Bridge Tap N
VRI --
NTE FacePlate --
Last Test Date --
Exchange Product Restrictions Status
FTTP Priority Exchange N
WLR Withdrawal N
SOADSL Restriction N

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings