cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Full fibre available from SKY and Vodafone but not BT

Go to solution

Hi, the DSL checker has not changed and shows FTTP is not available.  My neighbour has a working connection so it is.

I spoke to BT broadband again who put me through to another department.  Eventually the person I spoke to agreed with me that their DSL checker status did not seem right.  He has to send a form to Openreach with the discrepancy and said it should take a week to get a reply.   Here's hoping.

Many thanks for the support.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

Perhaps you can post the return from the DSL checker for your address and the neighbour who has had Sky FTTP ,you would have to use the address option for the neighbour, but also use it for your address instead of your phone number ( in case it’s your phone number introducing an error )

For clarification, did you originally you say that Sky and Vodafone both offered to provide you ( at your address ) with OR FTTP when the checker said it was unavailable, but BT , confirming what the DSL checker said they could not , or your neighbours could order a FTTP and used Sky / VF  but you only enquired with BT ? ,

All providers use the same OR/BTw back end systems to check FTTP availability, so it’s difficult  to see how that these systems could say Yes to Sky and VF for your address but ‘No’ to BT making if making the same enquiry , If it’s your individual address that has a data issue , that should mean no one could offer you FTTP service , neither BT , Sky or VF .

As far as your neighbours with FTTP from Sky  , if their address is showing FTTP availability on the checker  they probably could have ordered with BT if they wanted ,if it’s just your  address doesn’t show FTTP availability , perhaps you can show the order screen from Sky or VF if they can order FTTP for you when the DSL checker says your address has no access to OR FTTP ,

You not being able to order FTTP when your neighbours can is admittedly probably an error , but an error specific to your address that should affect all ISPs ability to order  not just BT

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

HI

This is for my neighbours address, its the same as for my address (not using phone number).  I tried a few other addresses on the street and it shows the same.    From the Openreach full fibre availability checker they list the ISPs available.  I checked with SKY, Vodaphone, Talktalk, Zen and IDnet who all offer full fibre. BT and EE(a BT company) only offer FTTC.  We are also getting flyers on the road from SKY and Vodaphone through the letterbox.  This seems to be a village wide problem.  On our village Facebook page, more users are saying they have ordered from other ISPs as for some reason BT wont offer it yet.

bobrex_0-1659696739881.png

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

I also had a reply from open reach to the enquiry form I submitted.

"Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.  

I’ve looked into your enquiry and can confirm our systems are already showing that Fibre to the premises (FTTP) is available to order, however, not all providers use our network, for their own reasons, so you might need to shop around to enjoy the benefits of faster fibre broadband.

To receive Ultrafast speeds on our Fibre network, you now need to place an order with your chosen Service Provider.

Openreach doesn’t provide phone, broadband or TV services directly to anyone. You can find a list of providers here

deleted --

If your provider has any issues placing an order, ask them to contact us directly.

I’m glad we’ve been able to resolve this case for you, the great news is you’ll now benefit from speedy broadband to your door which means faster downloads, lag-free gaming, and less buffering on music or video.

I will close your case as you can now place an order."

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

So after being put through to different departments in BT I  got a reply from someone from BT that seemed to make sense.

"Thanks for taking the call this morning. As discussed on the call, the Fibre Readiness form to Openreach has been responded to, and they have advised that Full Fibre is available. However, unfortunately we aren't able to order it via our sales application.

An Action has been tasked to our Data Integrity team to investigate, and we hope to have a quick resolution. "

I can only conclue (and appologies if wrong ) that contrary to opinium on this forum, I take it from this, that BT wholesale DSL checker is NOT driven by openreach but by BT data systems that are not correct!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

@bobrex  Yes you are incorrect, the Data Integrity team will raise an ORDI (Openreach Database Integrity) with Openreach for their records to be updated. The issue lays squarely with the Openreach database and takes about a week to be rectified.

0 Ratings