cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre dropping and slow speeds daily

Good morning,

We upgraded to BT Full Fibre 100 in early April. Excellent service from BT and Openreach, as per usual from my experience. Service has been rock solid 147 mbs day in and day out. 

However, a couple of weeks ago we started losing the internet two or three times a day. Plus an hour or two on low speeds. I did the BT fault finder which diagnosed an issue with my hub which could be rectified remotely. Thus was done and it was fine for the rest of the day. BT did call but I confirmed the issue had been resolved.

Unfortunately the fault kept returning.  Same pattern as before. I did the fault finder and, again, it diagnosed an issue with my hub. Again it was rectified remotely. But again the fault returned. I requested a call form BT (last Wednesday) but this has not happened. 

Grateful for any advice in getting this resolved.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre dropping and slow speeds daily

i would try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding until lights flash.  then when hub restarts check and see if speed now ok but if not phone CS 03301234150 and report faulty hub and ask for replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. Yesterday I did the factory reset as suggested.

Initially things seem to be back to normal. Unfortunately today it has reverted back to sub 50 mbs speeds. Which is disappointing.

Are there any other tests I can do before I contact BT?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

if factory reset only helped for short time then just phone CS and get replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Just an update.

I have been away for a month so didn't pursue the problem.

However on my return the issues were still there. I did the BT online checker which did a remote reset. But this failed to resolve the issue. I requested a callback.

I received a call from Paul. First of all, what an absolute delightful chap. Incredibly helpful and seemed very keen to help resolve the issue. His speed check had a download speed of 140 mbs but device speeds of around 20 mbs. That seemed odd. Anyway we did factory reset and things have now improved. Hopefully they stay that way.

Once again thanks to Paul for helping me with this. Incredibly nice chap, a real credit to BT. 

0 Ratings