cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Full fibre installation

Good afternoon,

Yesterday we had a full fibre channel and two open reach "T's" put outside the property. 

Does anyone know between this being installed and the service going live? 

I have attached photos of what I mean. 

received_483482363465936.jpeg

received_904418190958714.jpeg

 cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Full fibre installation

It can take anything from a few weeks to a few months to a few years or in other words there is no set time. You just need to keep checking with your chose ISP. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Cheers mate, can't we also notice what a terrible job they've done of the pavement 😂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@davidwindle9Would you like to define "terrible job"? It would appear from your pictures they have reinstated the pavement satisfactorily.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@davidwindle9 wrote:

Cheers mate, can't we also notice what a terrible job they've done of the pavement 😂

Going by your pictures the pavement and kerbs looked pretty poor to start with and it would be difficult to make the reinstatement looks as bad so that it would blend in. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Believe it or not that bit outside my house had been retarmac'd recently. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Sure can, the random shape of the tarmacing, probably would've been easier to retarmac the whole thing.

I'd like to say I'm not moaning about this being done I welcome it. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

No doubt the bean counters would not spring to the cost of digging up and tarmacking the whole area compared to what was actually dug up and needed reinstated and when you are doing this nation wide I dare say the cost would soon mount up.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I can’t remember the specifics from when I did my Unit 5 Dig and Reinstatement Training but I’m pretty sure they only have to retarmac 100mm on either either of the dig they do.

Contrary to popular belief BT and or Openreach are not a Social Service or even a Utility Provider. They’re a Public Limited Company with Share Holders to answer to, if they go spending hundreds of thousands if not millions of pounds every year unnecessarily fully tarmacing pavements/roads then they’ll go out of business very very soon. 

0 Ratings