cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Full fibre not working - solid orange light

Hi, we got full fibre 500 installed yesterday after a long saga, an openreach engineer came out on tuesday and installed it but said he needed to come back, he returned yesterday and essentially re did everything and confirmed it is all working. The copper line has now been turned off however we cannot get internet through the full fibre. The hub just goes to a solid orange light and doesn't get an ip address or anything. This is the same this morning and we were told it could be until midnight which wasn't the case. We called up and the engineer said it must be a faulty hub as everything else is working however i dont believe this. I tried another WAN router which i know works and this does exactly the same thing. Even when putting in the PPPoE details. We need internet as I work from home and are not happy about it at all. Any ideas? All lights are correct on the openreach modem and i have factory reset and power cycled multiple times

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Full fibre not working - solid orange light

If the ONT ‘PON’ light is steady green, effectively the Openreach part is done ( the ONT is authenticated onto the OLT/Headend and they are ‘talking’ to each other ) the issue is either the hub ( not likely as you have tried an alternative ) or an administrative error , basically your BT Internet ‘account’ isn’t set up or has errors , so you have no ‘internet’ access ….its an industrial action (strike) day today , but if you can speak to BT ,  you need to  ask if your ‘account’ is set up correctly , try searching for the FTTP customer service number and try calling that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

assuming you have SH2 have gone into hub settings and ensured that the FTTP switch is showing on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi, yes i have checked

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

then phone FTTP team 08005874787 and have ONT serial number to hand

you may have problems as BT on strike today

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Only issue is i tried calling yesterday and they said that it’s definitely not them that’s why they sent new hub. Seen this before on here where it has turned out to be a setup issue

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

FTTP Team are the best place to get this fixed/resolved

0 Ratings