cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Going around in circles with a BT Fault.

I reported a broadband fault to BT on the 17/02/23. (Not getting my guaranteed min speed). BT then said they found the fault outside my property after monitoring my broadband and an engineer would fix it. 

I’ve had 3 different openreach engineer appointments come to the property and do the exact same things and find no issues within my home, the last one on Monday stated that I was not getting my minimum speed and that BT needed to be honest and sort it out. (FairPlay to him, he was here ages and went through everything) I’ve also been promised call backs after the appointments, twice and waited for the call but obviously the calls never came. 
I also had a no show engineer appointment on the 6th March, now I’ve just received a text saying that yet ANOTHER engineer is booked to come to my home on the 20/03/23!! 

I tried phoning regarding this but all I get is an automated text response asking me to report the fault.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Going around in circles with a BT Fault.

If you have a copper phone line than ring 17070, The line should be silent. (won't work with digital voice or BB only lines). Any noise is a line fault not a BB one.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@pippincp  unfortunately I don’t have a BT landline. Thanks anyway. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Ok, however I cannot believe an Openreach engineer stayed in your home and went thruogh everything when he/she should have checked every connection between you and the cabinet until the problem was resolved. After all you were told the issue was outside your property.

Are you sure they were Openreach engineers and not the useless Qube ones BT send to check internal connections?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@pippincp  the first guy was a Qube and he replaced the master socket front thinking it was that but the next 2 were definitely from openreach. 1 openreach guy did nothing except a Speedtest and said it was fine, though he spent most of the time talking on his phone to someone about his van. I was then sent a new Smarthub and that didn’t resolve it. 3 days later I had a text from BT saying that they monitored my broadband and they had found a fault outside of the property and were sending another engineer and he may need access but he didn’t turn up. I reported that and they apologised and the next guy turned up to do another check inside the property and he was here for nearly an hour, said that the speed at the master socket was below minimum speed and he would pass it on. They have now booked me yet another home visit for next Monday when apparently the fault is outside the property. 

0 Ratings