cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Half the speeds I'm paying for

Go to solution

I have an on going problem.. I don't know if other people have this problem with BT.. I paid for 300mb download speeds.. I was only getting 70-100mb.. so I upgraded to 900mb speeds now i'm only getting 300-500mb... been on the phone to them multiple times explained when it rains the internet is even worse.. had engineers out to visit.. still they tell me there isn't a problem with my line...  and there is nothing they can do because from their end to my hub I'm apparently getting 915mb download and 115mb upload.. 

That said even the engineers that come out plug their equipment in and get 300-500mb.. and can't improve or increase the speeds go away and say there is no problem.. 

I'm just going around in circles.. I have another engineer coming tomorrow.. who will no doubt say the same thing. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Half the speeds I'm paying for

Go to solution

AngryCupra90_0-1669288876198.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

AngryCupra90_0-1669288937002.png

BT's speed report.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

what speed do you get using  fast.com?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

AngryCupra90_0-1669290374671.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

So i'm getting 500mb hardwired into the router.. and 240mb on wifi -

AngryCupra90_0-1669290558498.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

speed tests need to be by ethernet as wifi is to variable and there should be nothing else connected using the internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

yep the first picture i linked is directly linked via ethernet cable from the router to my computer, the 2nd picture is via wifi.. which is rubbish

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

If it's via cable have you checked if the device in question is capable of the faster speeds? I note from another post you think BT are scamming you but they promised you a speed to the hub & if you're getting that you're not being scammed

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Yep checked everything on my end, motherboard  is cable of 1.78gbps all the cables are cat 8 overkill if you ask me.. The reason I think it's a scam is my 2 neighbors with BT also are getting half of the speeds they are paying for but they don't game or download anything so they aren't bothered.. 

After consistantly being told that i'm getting the speeds i'm paying for then having engineers come out with their own equipment and not get anywhere near the speeds i'm paying for.. then being told I should downgrade my package to the 300mb deal by the BT complaints team.. I'm confused and yeah I think i'm being scammed paying for 900 and getting 300-500(the only people that say im getting 900+ are the people selling it every speed test I run or engineers run say otherwise.) .. the only offfer I've had from BT to actually resolve my complaint that has been open or 3 months is to change the deal i'm on for free to 300mb.. which is the package I upgraded from because I was getting less than 100mb speeds and my connection kept dropping... the problem is.. if I do go back to 300mb.. what's to say im not going to be back at square one with less than 100mb.. 

I mean, 300-500mb isn't slow the major issue I have is the connection constantly lagging, for example I go onto a works teamcall and I'm constantly breaking up, stuttering lagging.. and it's frustrating knowing i'm paying over £50 for broadband and it's slow/unstable and practically not fit for purpose, one minute I can be getting 500mb, the next minute im getting 1mb 2 mintues later I'm at 300mb... there is something wrong with my connection.. wether that be at the greenbox or at my house.. BT won't admit theres a fault anywhere at all.. 

0 Ratings