cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: How can I get fibre

If the ONT is already installed in your property , why isn’t it switched on ? the lights of the ONT when switched on , will provide information about the status of the fibre ….if you have moved into the property after someone else had FTTP installed , they have done the correct thing by leaving the ONT , but they don’t leave the router.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Hi @Andrew0790 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. @Keith_Beddoe is correct here. You'll need to place an order for service the get the FTTP activated. You can do so by calling our customer services on 150 or online at Fibre Broadband | Superfast Fibre Broadband Deals | BT.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Evening all 

Update so far.

I placed an order for a deal with copper broadband, the person on the phone said that it would activate my line and then I could upgrade to fibre. 

An engineer turned up, who I've already spoken to about fibre when he was fitting next door. He said I had fibre installed and he even installed fibre for the tenants before me and that having copper won't get me fibre.

He rang up BT or Openreach and explained everything to them and that I should speak to the value team and they should offer me fibre, apparatly there was a note saying i had fibre, I rang and they didn't offer fibre to me. 

I cancelled my order and rang up later that day to see if there was an update. I spoke to the value team who still didn't have a note but they said that there isn't anything they could do and I would have to speak to openreach. I explained that they won't speak to me as they speak to my supplier not the individual, I have tried to speak to openreach on the phone and email but on the phone they hang up and email they have no clue. I asked if she could email them she said she did and they can do anything. 

I rang up after having the phone put down and very little help form the BT team in Birmingham, this time when I explained they send me to the fibre team who were helpfull, however they have to speak tp openreach and find out what the problem is. This is again something that I thought was done 2 weeks ago by a lady I spoke to when she sent me a mini hub. 

Still no fibre, still knowing nothing and banging my head against a wall. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Did you ever ring the FTTP team on the number @Keith_Beddoe  gave you and supply the ONT number? Why you would be advised to ring the value team is beyond me.

NB. If the FTTP team are busy you will be put through to normal customer services, just hang up and try again.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Something doesn’t seem to add up , obviously a previous occupant managed to get FTTP installed so the address ( which must have shown WBC FTTP available to order ) should now show an ONT fitted , as well as WBC FTTP available, post the entire return from the DSL checker ( you previously only provided a small part of the checker return for your address) 
The image posted of the ONT doesn’t have any lights lit , did the previous occupant leave the PSU ( power supply ) with the ONT , if they did , switch the ONT on , what lights are lit ?, if the PON light is steady green , then your connection is ‘up’ , and all that’s needed is BT administrative work to set up up your ‘account’ , as mentioned several times , contact the BT FTTP team , have the ONT serial number ready .

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Hello all I hope everyone is well. 

I have tried to speak to the FTTP team, I spoke to them 2 weeks ago and when I posted my last update. 

I dont have an ONT  and have explained this several times to BT who have said its fine, I have now found one and hooked it up so hopefully something might change. 

I rang up today and BT have said I will get an update on the 14th. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Where did you 'find' the ONT? ONTs are specific to an address (account).

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

I’m not quite following, so the image you posted of an ONT isn’t one fitted at your address  ?, but you have ‘found’ one and hooked it up , hooked it up to what ?
You still haven’t provided the full DSL checker results for your address.
If the address hasn’t been provided with OR FTTP yet , you shouldn’t have an ONT, ( so where did you get one from ?) once an Openreach ONT and the Openreach fibre , required for FTTP to work have been installed officially, then the ‘WiFi router’ supplied by the ISP you have a contract with  ( BT presumably in your case ) plugs into the ONT .

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

No the onto in the picture is one an openreach engineer showed me, as I was missing it. 

When an openreach engineer came to my house the other week he explained that he did install one, maybe either the tenants before me have taken it or when the house was being decorated the builders could have moved it. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Again , by answering one question it  raises several other questions….if the address isn’t a new build then it won’t have an ONT unless a previous occupant ordered it , and had all the FTTP ‘kit’ including the ONT installed, obviously if a previous occupant managed to order FTTP then the Openreach records allowed that order to be placed, it’s the same records you seem to be having an issue with when you try to raise an order.

If the address has had FTTP before , and  an ONT was fitted , but is now missing ( that can happen , some people take the ONT with them when they move out for some reason ) the other FTTP ‘kit’ , like the CSP ( a box on the outside wall with an external grade cable to it  ) and an ‘internal’ grade cable running from the CSP to where the ONT used to be located should still exist , do they still exist ?,

If the ONT  is missing , it doesn’t stop an install , it may cause a slight delay , if the installer has to fit and authenticate a new ONT , but it’s not a big deal.

If the address had FTTP service in the past  , the CSP and the internal/external optical cables  should should still exist , ( the old occupant isn’t going to unplug them and take them away )  have you looked for this equipment, and tried to locate the internal cable to see where it enters the building, it should have a small green SC/APC ‘plug’ on the end of it.

If the address has service in the past , even if the previous occupant was idiotic and removed the ONT , OR records would still show the address as having an ONT already fitted , and obviously a new customer moving in could simply order service , the missing ONT would only come to light after the install date , when the installer asks where is the ONT ,  and you say you don’t know , but you are not even getting to the point of having a FTTP order accepted

…..you still haven’t provided the full DSL checker info for the address in question , posting the full return will help understand what’s going on.

0 Ratings