cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: How do I contact BT with fault?

according to your stats you are connected to a BT smart hub which is connected to an ONT - small white box

you cannot update hub firmware manually as does it automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

That's why it hasn't updated, you need to leave it connected, you can't force an update.

ONT is the optical modem that your hub connects to.

PS any chance of changing your avatar, it's totally distracting

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Is that better? 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

No, it's worse 😱

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

How about now?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

It's not updating - still on old firmware ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

there is no set timescale for your hub firmware to update. you just need to leave hub powered up connected to the internet.  normally happens overnight but could be tonight, next week or next month

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Well I need to contact BT anyway then... I think they guarentee speeds and i get money back if they aren't the minmum of quoted.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-bt-s-stay-fast-guarantee- 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Bear in mind the guaranteed speeds are connection speeds to the hub not connection or download speeds at any device

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Definitely something wrong - BT couldn't even query the router properly, with error message "unrecognised equipment" or words to that effect. He said thats why it's not updating.

BT engineer coming out next week.

thanks for all the replies

0 Ratings