cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How long for a factory reset to fully work

I spoke with a BT person over the phone following a fault - slow speeds.  He factory reset the modem and I tested the speeds and they had gotten much worse.  He said it can take up to 72 hours for a factory reset to properly take effect.  I asked why, he said it needs to download information.  Now, I know things like cookies, cache are cleared during these types of reset but 72 hours?  What on earth is being downloaded that takes up 72 hours to download?  Does it have to download the latest software because it has been reset?  If so, still... 72 hours to download software?  Someone explain this to me, I don't understand what is going on here.  BTW slow speeds for 3 weeks now, totally exasperated will never recommend BT to anyone for their broadband and this black hole of an answer just adds insult to injuryl.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How long for a factory reset to fully work

He was talking complete tosh.

A factory reset is highly unlikely to cure a broadband speed problem and it certainly doesn't take 72 hours 'to take effect'

Can you post a screenshot of your hub stats Advanced settings > technical log > information

Also a screenshot of the DSL checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

That is to date the best load of rubbish I have heard a BT customer rep spout. He must have thought really hard to come up with that load of nonsense.

A factory reset takes effect as soon as the BT Hub restarts and connects to the Internet.

BT hubs do not store or use cookies, your browser does. BT hubs do not download software when doing a factory reset. They use the last updated software stored in the hub. They may subsequently carry out a further update but it will not be as soon as you have performed a factory reset.

Do as @licquorice has suggested and post the results for further help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

This person who did this to you was unprofessional, I am also a BT subscriber and I do not recommend it to anyone, the quality was once very good, I pay 900Mb and I am browsing at 26Mb, my work is all delayed, I have already missed several meetings, I had to stay in a COSTA unit today to be able to work, I have already complained and no solution, I can't wait for this contract to end and I won't accept them even for free. Screenshot_6 (1).png

0 Ratings